Hazard light help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hazard light help

Just got to boat and found the "hazard" light lit on the A/C panel board. The issue appears to be the on board charge I'm guessing (since that's the only thing on). I don't have a wiring diagram of the panel or what initiates Hazard light. Has anyone dealt with this problem before?

Check your power cord and receptacle both the boat end the power post.
    Brad & Sharon
    Lady Jake
    1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
    Anacortes/La Conner, Wa.

Comment

Typically it’s a swapped hot and neutral wires in the shore power pedestal or cord.
      1997 Maxum 2400 SCR 5.7LX Bravo II

Mike

Comment

Just happen to be in the process of replacing my indicator - here’s face & backside pics, if that helps.
        Indicator gets fed hot & neutral thru 110vac shore power breaker, plus ground via ground bus.

As first steps I’d flip breaker, disconnect, wipe clean & check both ends of the shore power cord.

Norm
        Attached Files
        1985 Bayliner 3270
        110 Hino/Hurth 360A
        previous = built own Roberts V495, circumnavigated
        previous = Apollo 27
        previous = Folkes 39, sailed to Hawaii
        + few more before that..

Comment

Thanks for the pictures. It looks like the "hazard" illuminates if the "ground" bus becomes energized.....based on what I think I see in your picture.
          I'll check and get back with what I discover.

Comment

Originally posted by 3270carmine View Post
            Thanks for the pictures. It looks like the "hazard" illuminates if the "ground" bus becomes energized.....based on what I think I see in your picture.
            I'll check and get back with what I discover.
            I believe the green light illuminates if there's a voltage potential between hot and neutral, and red (hazard) illuminates if there's a voltage potential between neutral and ground. Normally this indicates the shore power connection has the hot and neutral swapped.
            Brad
            Lake Union, Seattle
            1987 Bayliner 4550 "Ark Angel"
            Hino EH700T / MG-502 / Cummins Onan 7kw
            Seattle Yacht Club

Comment

Thanks, headed to boat tonight

Comment

Working...
              X