Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NotSure
    commented on 's reply
    I am interested to see your job splicing the cable. I have run miles of cat5/6 and would never splice a cable as a spliced cable would never test to spec. Heck! I never spliced twinax for that reason back in the day. I would always run a new piece.

• MidnightSun
    replied
    FYI, the 75' long cable that comes with it is a PITA being so long. I decided to shorten it to around 20'. In reality it is only a good quality weatherproof cat 5 or 6. This also allowed me to use a small regular cable gland to go through the arch which I also used for the solar panel wires.https://www.primecables.ca/p-376067-...0978#sku390978

After cutting the cable, I crimped on new RJ45's to the cut ends and joined them with a standard coupler. Works great.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0286.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	653341

Leave a comment:

• Cool Change 4788
    replied
    I too ordered a mount from mridenver via Etsy I got a 1 inch as pole mount and had a 4 foot tube bent to parallel mount aft of my hardtop on the Bimini support. Super easy access and cable run, adapter is pricy but solid and 316 ss. His version 2 units are rethought and super light. So now he charges 200$. I got the last V1. It would not allow the antenna to click in so I had to grind the inner shoulder a bit deeper or return it for modification.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• sockeye
    replied
    Starlink problem solved 4788
    My son in law bought a unit for the boat and cabin and tried
    numerous times to get online. Even though the speed was good
    it would not go from offline to online
    Someone on this post suggested to another user to delete the app
    and reinstall
    We did this and now its operating as it should. We keep the boat in North
    Vancouver but currently its in Gulf Islands .Works on the hook (not stern tied)
    as well .Looks like a winner

Leave a comment:

• Destiny_4588
    commented on 's reply
    We have had the need, and I personally think that they will add a s/w update in the near future to disable via s/w

• Destiny_4588
    commented on 's reply
    Order one last week and install this weekend, pricy but honestly best solution for hard top mounting that does not look like hack job and the dish can still be removed and portable for other uses....

• MidnightSun
    replied
    Originally posted by cosmo777 View Post
    Here's a stainless adapter that screws onto a normal antenna mount and the starlink pole clicks into.
    starlink antenna mount

Name:	image.png
Views:	39
Size:	4.66 MB
ID:	653181
    LOL, was going to machine one exactly like it but probably out of aluminum. Heck I'd be rich selling them for $100. Material about $5 and around 4 mins in the CNC.

Leave a comment:

• cosmo777
    replied
    Here's a stainless adapter that screws onto a normal antenna mount and the starlink pole clicks into.
    starlink antenna mount

Name:	image.png
Views:	39
Size:	4.66 MB
ID:	653181

Leave a comment:

• brewspore
    replied
    Any extended experience with performance after the hack to disable the gimbal motors to make the dish a flat, phased array? My Starlink has worked great (as a plug and play on the bow) but now eager to permanent mount on the radar arch. A flat mount is obviously easier, but nervous to drill into the thing from the youtube guides. An enclosed raydome would be nice but I cant find anything on the market and it would probably cost more than the Starlink itself.

Leave a comment:

• Destiny_4588
    replied
    just order and take if for spin, they offer free returns ...love our unit and honestly just got the one for home to ship last night (been on wait list there for about 1 year). Our home we only get 25 down and 3-5 up, so starlink again will be much better the ATT Uverse. Plan is to use FutoTV or Hulu for local channels as we use that same account on the boat and our RV (we move starlink from boat to RV (got there cool back pack for that which is great as keeping everything is small light and easy to handle case.

Leave a comment:

• Cool Change 4788
    commented on 's reply
    I paid 599+135 for the first month service, then it is 135/mo after that. I also bought the ethernet adapter for another 25. The RV system is identical to a home version except you can get them in wait listed areas and use them, they have lower priority on the network however. You can also pause the service anytime but it is full month only, so you pay for a full month each time you un-pause. I used it last week in Newport and it work very well, then coming up the coast from Newport to Alamitos Bay both my wife and I were on the starlink working all the way without any interruption. I ordered the units and received them 2 days later.

• Jmason
    replied
    How much is the RV system & what is the monthly fee?

Leave a comment:

• Nikko
    commented on 's reply
    I run an OTA (over the air) digital antenna and pick up 8 (local) channels in my home marina.. Just like rabbit ears only newer

• byrner
    commented on 's reply
    I have a sportsnet subscription, though coupled with a TSN subscription you have virtually every sport covered, at a fraction of the price. Even news channels stream (BBC, CNN, CBS) free

• NotSure
    commented on 's reply
    DirectTV has a streaming option that can give you most of your local channels. I don't use their service because I have a sling box and convert local channels using sling, but it would be difficult on a boat that moves around.
Working...
X