Surveyor needed Seattle - Tacoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surveyor needed Seattle - Tacoma

I am looking for a friendly surveyor to do a insurance survey for me in early June.

My boat will be in Tacoma

any ideas?

Thanks!!!

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 DOS PECES - SEWARD ALASKA

Whats the weather like on the boat
    https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddab...59665f4e4/wide

Where am I right now? https://maps.findmespot.com/s/2R02

Global Marine Surveyors, Aaron Wilson (425) 397-6601
    [email protected]
    boatsurveyors.com

Aaron did a first class job on my last survey and will do the next one when I have to.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

Hey Kevin,

Do you need an in-water survey or is it like my insurance that is requiring the boat hauled out? If it has to be hauled out, you might have to coordinate a haul-out and a surveyor together, which might be a challenge. I know things are pretty booked up for a haul-out in Tacoma. I think Hylebos Marina was saying they’re already booked out to July…. Something to think about…

~BJ
      BJ
      OMEGA

Comment

Originally posted by igiftmon View Post
        Hey Kevin,

Do you need an in-water survey or is it like my insurance that is requiring the boat hauled out? If it has to be hauled out, you might have to coordinate a haul-out and a surveyor together, which might be a challenge. I know things are pretty booked up for a haul-out in Tacoma. I think Hylebos Marina was saying they’re already booked out to July…. Something to think about…

~BJ
        I need a out of the water survey. This is a bit distressing as I am actively cruising so making plans that far our is a bit of a challenge.

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

Aaron Wilson
          Cale Mathers
          Tom Johannessen

Hauling might be an issue but there are places that let you do DYI stuff and you could haul for a day but you might have to go into the Lake to do that…? Do you have thrusters and 50’ lines (big locks), if not let them know you are single handed and they’ll help you. There’s a place just inside the locks on the north side of the canal that let’s you DYI I just can’t remember their name but they were very easy to deal with when I did my 47. Canal Boat Yard might be the name
          1997 Bayliner 2588 Cierra 7.4 Bravo 1 - Mahal
          (past)1997 Bayliner 4788 w/330 Cummins - Phoenix
          (past) 1987 Bayliner 3218 w/135 Hino - True Story

Comment

If you can haul it out and inspected in LaConner…(LaConner Maritime) or Anacortes (skyline marina) I know a great surveyor…Skagit diesel and marine..Matt Roberts he has been all over my 4788… just saying

Comment

Kevin, You just likely need a haul and hang, then re-launch which should give you more options on a haulout place -- Call a few of the surveyors and talk to them as they work with the haul out places. I know Tom Johannessen, not sure he would travel down to Tacoma .. you could stop in the Bellingham or Anacortes area on your way down.

Jim
              Althea -- 2000 3988 270 Cummins, Hull Extension
              Semiahmoo, WA

Comment

Hey, Kev, I keep trying to lure you to Bellingham. Here are two more reasons.
                Not Tacoma, but these are two trusted surveyors in my book in Bellingham.
                Marine Consultants Inc., Matthew L. Harris, NAMS® CMS, SAMS®-AMS® Bellingham, Washington, USA - Index Page
                Aaron was site foreman for Seaview North, also in Bellingham, which has a very reasonable haul and hang rate. I'd trust either Aaron or Matt, who has done a couple of surveys for us, including the last one on Wickus.
                Tally and Vicki
                "Wickus" Meridian 341
                MMSI 338014939

Comment

Thanks everybody for the help!

Coordinating a haulout, a survey, and a slip while I drive my truck to Mexico has been a challenge, but it is now all resolved.

I'm having the boat hauled for a seacock replacement on May 18th at Northharbor in anacortes. I have a stuck seacock for my watermaker that really needs replacing.

During that haulout the surveyor will look over the boat.

Then I will drive the boat to Tacoma wherew i have secured a slip at Dock Street. Kristy, the manager was great to work with!

From there I will drive my truck to LA Paz and not be in a gigantic hurry. Take my time and enjoy!

When I return in a couple of weeks or so I will continue my boat journey south.

KEVIN SANDERS

Comment

I used Ed from Edwards Marine Survey LLC for my pre-purchase survey. He did the hull and the mechanical. Here's what I paid (Nov 2020 dollars):
                    Costs are:
                    C&V Survey: $22 X 45’: $990
                    Add mechanical survey: $300
                    5 Oil sample @ $40 each: $200
                    Oil sample priority S&H:$30
                    Travel Edmonds/ Tacoma round trip: $120
                    The total cost cash or check is $1640. If paying with a credit card, add a 3% service fee for a total cost of $1689 due at the survey. You are responsible for the haulout fees.

Did the haul-and-hang at Gig Harbor Boartyard--they were comparatively cheap and Gig Harbor is a nice town to visit with some good restaurants and a long, beautiful, protected harbor. Short boat ride from Tacoma. Tides Tavern is good food and has a decent size dock.

My second haul I did at Seaview West at Shilshole Marina in Seattle (outside the locks) to address some issues found in the first survey. We hauled on a Friday afternoon, had the work scheduled to be done on Monday, and planned to splash Tuesday. Since the yard was doing the work I didn't pay for any lay days, but we had full access to the boat 24/7 to do some other stuff on it so I thought it was a pretty good deal.
                    Brad
                    Lake Union, Seattle
                    1987 Bayliner 4550 "Ark Angel"
                    Hino EH700T / MG-502 / Cummins Onan 7kw
                    Seattle Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                    X