Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire Extinguisher

Just a heads up for you all
    The new USCG fire extinguisher rules take affect April 20 2022 and carry a nice fine if you are not in compliance
    cheers
    Roy
    Ketchikan Alaska
    1988 3818
    EH 700
    Custom hard top enclosed

Thank you for the reminder!!! I just went out and marked all 5 of mine with the date they will expire based on the new rules. And checked all my other dated safety equipment. Now I don't have to guess and will be reminded of the expiration every time I see one.

Since many of us have older boats it is worth checking out our batteries also. I have a friend who was written a ticket last year (he was being an ass so deserved all of the tickets he got) for not having one battery secured and the terminals/posts protected.
    Current: 1998 Bayliner 4085 - Cummins 6BTA 370's
    Past: 2004 Monterey 322 - Volvo 5.7 GXi's
    Past: 1987 Silverton 34X - Crusader 454's

Comment

Hmm, fire extinguishers must be replaced after 12 years? I really hope that doesn't apply to my Halon Fireboy...
      Brad
      Lake Union, Seattle
      1987 Bayliner 4550 "Ark Angel"
      Hino EH700T / MG-502 / Cummins Onan 7kw
      Seattle Yacht Club

Comment

Only applies to disposable fire extinguishers (most obvious distinction is the disposables have plastic valves, the refillable have metal valves). Refillable should be professionally inspected yearly.
        Greg A.
        1994 4788
        "Simplicity"
        2002 Capri 175
        "Little GFI"
        Boat on the Sac/San Joaquin Delta
        Willow Berm Marina

Comment

Replaced all in Jan 2022. I had some “collector” series! Added some in a few places as well. Flares, detector batteries, etc.
          1990 4588
          Port Hueneme Ca

Comment

Working...
          X