Last leak found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last leak found

I’ve tracked down and solved all of the “usual suspect” leaks but w 6+ inches of rain last week I found a dribble on the back wall of the starboard master closet. There was a small puddle on the monkey fur bottom of the closet but nothing down the monkey fur back wall. Suspect it’s dribbling down the hull interior and hitting the closet floor edge.
    Q: does the monkey fur back wall of the closet pop out or are the some screws holding it place?
    assume w that back monkey fur wall off, I could identify the leak entry.
    Q: anybody addressed this issue? Where’s the leak coming from?
    1990 4588
    Port Hueneme Ca

if this is one I am thinking of, in our case it came from the weep hole for the rope lockers above. The water comes in the weep hole and drips down between the two molded pieces, we made the hole large, epoxy in a straw and added a small stainless clam shell pointing down and that solve both issues of water in rope locker leaking into closet and out side water come in weep hole
    Mark
    USCG OUPV
    1990 4588
    Carlsbad, CA

Comment

my silar leak was the rail stanchions reachable behind the closet cedar

KEVIN SANDERS
      4788 DOS PECES - SEWARD ALASKA

Whats the weather like on the boat
      https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddab...59665f4e4/wide

Where am I right now? https://maps.findmespot.com/s/2R02

Comment

I opened up the rope locker drain last year, cleaned an sealed that interior floor, and replaced the prong seals on the locking handles. Rope locker was dry and stayed dry did not do the straw trick.
        I’ll check that stanchion and base when it drys up.

Comment

My remaining rain water flow issue is that skinny rain gutter which is worthless. Any real rain floods the little gutter, flows down on the salon windows, overflows the window slide tracks, and drains down the interior window base channel. Thought I had solve with new window slide track inserts and cutting good drain slots.
          opened up the channel exit holes through the rear teak windowed bulkhead. Drains out and dribbles down the cockpit padded combing and on to the port and stb cockpit step/ lockers and out the cockpit flow drains.

1990 4598 (SS Sieve)
          Oort Hueneme Ca

Comment

Working...
          X