Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tub Drain

Hello Everyone
    My Wife and I are away for our first time on our 1987 4550 Bayliner.
    It seems that the drain is on the high side of the tub. Do any of you fine the water flows to the back of the tub?
    If so has anyone figured out a fix?
    Thank you in advance
    John

This is more common than you think,you have a slight Starboard list. I use a squeegee to clean shower glass and to move water towards drain,we've been doing it forever not a big deal. Also helps clean the tub.
    Brad & Sharon
    Lady Jake
    1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
    Anacortes/La Conner, Wa.

Comment

Our 1990 has 2 drains on on the strb stern corn and other to port stern, we close the port one with the strainer...and our tub gather water on the strb corner
      Mark
      USCG OUPV
      1990 4588
      Carlsbad, CA

Comment

I have the forward and rear drains on our 1990 4588. Still need to push some water to the drain. We put hair catcher drain covers over each of the drains and have gone to liquid body wash to keep the bilge screen cleaner longer. Also wipe down the shower walls, ceiling, and surfaces following use just to keep the humidity down and stall sanitary. Window open, vent on, door closed, sprayer on & off. I still clean it every 2 months or so, but it’s “less nasty”. This effort keeps the float switch in better shape. A deeper bilge box would be nice. Hate having to mop out under the guest shower when there is an overflow.
        1990 4588
        Port Hueneme Ca.

Comment

Full water tanks help bring the nose down and thus the water in the tub will flow towards the drain.
          Greg A.
          1994 4788
          "Simplicity"
          2002 Capri 175
          "Little GFI"
          Boat on the Sac/San Joaquin Delta
          Willow Berm Marina

Comment

WE also have 2 tub drains on our 1990 4588.
            Hino W06
            St. Louis, MO
            ”It’s A Wonderful Life”

Comment

Thanks everyone, Greg A both water tanks are full. I think I will have to get someone in toi add a drain on the other end, It doesn't appear to be a list thing. It's just the tub slants away from the drain and T it in to the other one. Tough to get in there though. Its a lot of water to squeegee, about 4-5 " deep at the far end.
              Has anyone hired someone to add a drain after the fact?
              Again I appreciate everyone's input and advice.
              John

Comment

• Destiny_4588
                Destiny_4588
                Supporting Member
                Destiny_4588 commented
                Editing a comment
                Our tub has natural slant to the outside strb side, I always assumed to force water to that lower drain

• brad4550
                brad4550
                Supporting Member
                brad4550 commented
                Editing a comment
                I guess our tub/shower is slanted towards Port more than yours,I only get maybe a 1/4 in.and 3 or 4 swipes with the squeegee.

1987 B4550 here also has 2 drains in the bathtub.
              Brad
              Lake Union, Seattle
              1987 Bayliner 4550 "Ark Angel"
              Hino EH700T / MG-502 / Cummins Onan 7kw
              Seattle Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
              X