Deadrise of 3270

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deadrise of 3270

While the boat, 3270, is out this winter I'll be upgrading the electronics on the bridge and salon helm. There is still an original deapth readout on the bridge so there must be an in hull transducer mounted. I assume these are original to the boat from the factory, the readout is a small white (yellowed) unit mounted to the right of the bridge helm. I'm not sure of the transducer present location though. My thought is to use the same location for the new transducer when the old one gets removed.
    if this were factory installed, were all the transducers installed at the same spot? How do I determine the deadrise at that location ?
    Thanks.

Hi Carmine

On my 3288 the factory transducer is an in-hull transducer mounted in the "cave" just as you enter it, before the black water tank, next to the toilet salt water thru hull pickup.

I had (mounted by others) a through hull transducer mounted under the port engine (close to the bulkhead wall to the lower cabin) it was an airmarine model mounted with a fairing block. I don't know the actual angle used, but it does work fine.

Regards
    Ron
    1989 3218, twin 350 gas motors
    1988 Boston Whaler 13 Super Sport Limited
    2007 Yamaha VX Cruiser
    2012 Yamaha FX Cruiser

Comment

Hi Ron. Thanks for the response.
      Do you know if the installers chose the new location for a particular reason? Just curious why they didn't go back in the same spot as your original, unless deadrise was an issue. I would imagine a proper fairing block would overcome that though. Maybe they wanted to get more in center line of the vessel??
      I plan on using an Airmar as well.

Comment

• ronbo404
        ronbo404 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Carmine,

I don't know the reason they chose that location, but I know it does work fine there.

Ron

Just use your search engine type in. " transducer fairing block" you'll get more info.than you want.
      Brad & Sharon
      Lady Jake
      1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
      Anacortes/La Conner, Wa.

Comment

I put my transducer in silicon forward of the stbd engine (that's near the factory one in my 94) as a shoot-through-the-hull. Silicon is not recommended because it eventually breaks down and requires re-gooping. When my silicon failed after about 7 years I put the transducer in the cave beside the thru-hull. The deadrise is so low (6pct?) that there was no need to compensate.
        1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

No need to bore a hole in your hull…..epoxy a pvc tube of appropriate dia for your transducer to the hull, drill a pvc end cap to suit & mount transducer in it….3/4 fill tube with mineral oil, slip cap over pipe….done. Further back is better so transducer doesn’t see air underneath hull.
          1985 Bayliner 3270
          110 Hino/Hurth 360A
          previous = built own Roberts V495, circumnavigated
          previous = Apollo 27
          previous = Folkes 39, sailed to Hawaii
          + few more before that..

Comment

Do you lose much resolution by shooting thru the hull as opposed to installing thru the hull?

Comment

You will lose something, but I have hit deeper than 1000 feet between Stuart and South Pender Islands shooting though the hull. If mineral oil isn't in inventory antifreeze will work.
              1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

Thank you everyone!

Comment

Working...
                X