Coolant Drain Location 3888 Hino W04c-TI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolant Drain Location 3888 Hino W04c-TI

I’ve done a search both here and online but I still don’t know where the best location is to drain the coolant. I read there is a brass petcock near the starter but I sure haven’t found it. Anybody know where i should look or what is the best way to drain everything? Thanks in advance!
    Todd, Lenore, Ryder and River
    1994 3888
    210 Hino’s with Hurth 630’s
    Cruise Inn

Should i ask this question in the Technical section?
    1994 3888
    Cruise Inn

Comment

On my W04T Hino, there are two drain outlets, one on the alternator bracket and the other under the manicooler. But that's in a 3270.
      1987 3270 135-Hino
      Foxtrap, Newfoundland

Comment

• zentodd
        zentodd commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you

W04 has the lower drain behind the alternator - it's built into the bracket. It's a, east-west facing banjo bolt (14mm wrench) and has a 5/8 (?) hose fitting coming off the bottom of it. It can be easily felt and wrenched by braille. Slip a hose over the fitting and into an aluminum turkey tray on the floor where it's convenient for you to be - dump AF into the tray, lift the hose up high to stop flow, dump the tray into a bucket, repeat. When dry, remove the banjo bolt, clean with a brass wire brush, use never seize and re-install. Move to next engine...

Comment

I forgot to say thanks! Got it.
        1994 3888
        Cruise Inn

Comment

Here's the location on our Hino 135s. Needless to say, access on the starboard side will be more difficult.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X