Short drone video of my 1988 4588 travelling at 17 knots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short drone video of my 1988 4588 travelling at 17 knots

I did a short video last night with my drone.

https://youtu.be/mGdoREJtTSE

Beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing.
    1982 3270
    Volvo BB 140 A's
    Killbear Marina, Parry Sound, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Nice video! From your description, I'd say you are WAY over-propped tho! LOL
      Justin
      1984 2150 Ciera "C-ya"
      AQ225D w/ 280
      MMSI 338355691
      St. Joseph, Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by Terry_J View Post
        Beautiful.
        Thanks for sharing.
        thanks

Comment

Originally posted by C-ya View Post
          Nice video! From your description, I'd say you are WAY over-propped tho! LOL
          Would it not be under propped since my engines are running 100 rpm too high?

Comment

Excellent video - this is a real keeper, and will let you re-live your boating experience for years to come.

The boat itself looks awesome.
            Rob
            Bayliner 5788
            'Merlin V'
            Vancouver BC

Comment

Great video! These boats really look good travelling at speed!
              David
              Sidney, B.C.
              MV Cassiopeia V
              1990 4588
              twin 250 hp Hinos
              9kw Fisher Panda (new 2020)
              Call Sign: CFDF
              MMSI: 316014351

Comment

Originally posted by 1thefox1 View Post
                Would it not be under propped since my engines are running 100 rpm too high?
                You know what you meant to type, but this is what you typed:

"In this short video of our Bayliner 4588 (4788), we are traveling on Lake St-Pierre which is part of the St-Lawrence seaway. With ¼ fuel, 2 people aboard and ¾ water, we were able to achieve 17 knots at 3050 rpm. The original magazine fuel consumption for the Bayliner 4588 indicates the top RPM is at 27970. So I might have the props checked to see if I can squeeze an extra knot out of the vessel."

At that RPM, she should be drinking some JP-5.
                Justin
                1984 2150 Ciera "C-ya"
                AQ225D w/ 280
                MMSI 338355691
                St. Joseph, Michigan

Comment

Bravo! Great clip! Griff

Comment

I really enjoyed watching your video, nice work! I also like the hull color. Is that original from Bayliner? Looks really sharp.

Comment

Beautiful thanks for sharing. What kind of drone? I have a small one and I’m afraid of losing it.
                      Glen Sherwood
                      1987 3270 twin 305’s
                      Coupeville, WA

Comment

Originally posted by C-ya View Post

You know what you meant to type, but this is what you typed:

"In this short video of our Bayliner 4588 (4788), we are traveling on Lake St-Pierre which is part of the St-Lawrence seaway. With ¼ fuel, 2 people aboard and ¾ water, we were able to achieve 17 knots at 3050 rpm. The original magazine fuel consumption for the Bayliner 4588 indicates the top RPM is at 27970. So I might have the props checked to see if I can squeeze an extra knot out of the vessel."

At that RPM, she should be drinking some JP-5.
                        LOL, yep, that would be quite a feat at that RPM I'll go and chnage the typo

Comment

Originally posted by Johnp8061 View Post
                          I really enjoyed watching your video, nice work! I also like the hull color. Is that original from Bayliner? Looks really sharp.
                          No, it's a multi part paint that I did a few years ago from Imron, 3.5 high gloss. I have the color code somewhere if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Gsherwood View Post
                            Beautiful thanks for sharing. What kind of drone? I have a small one and I’m afraid of losing it.
                            It's an older Dji Phantom 4. Best tricks I can give when launching from the boat are these:
                            Remove the return home option for signal loss or low battery
                            Make sure your boat is at dead stop before launching. I zoom in my gps to make sure I'm not moving, especially if I'm in an area with current.
                            Have someone catch it instead of trying to land it on deck.

As for losing it, looks at it like this, if it falls from 50 feet in the air, it will be totalled anyways if it hits the ground instead of water. The only positive side of the ground is that you won't lose your memory card.

Comment

Nice video!

KEVIN SANDERS
                              4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
                              www.transferswitch4less.com

Whats the weather like on our boat
                              https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddab...59665f4e4/wide

Where are we right now? https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

Working...
                              X