Bayliner skeleton key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayliner skeleton key

I am wondering if anyone knows where one can get one of the Skeleton keys to fit the cabin door on my 87 3270
    i tried my neighbour’s key from his 3870 and it works fine.
    I am in Ontario Canada.
    any ideas??

Go to a good full service locksmith. They should be able to make you new keys. That is what I did. Cost less than $20 usd for two keys.

Greg
    Newport, Oregon
    South Beach Marina
    1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
    Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
    Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

Get the number from the key that works if it is an original. Then search on the forums as some guys have replaced the lock and may still have some available. There is a locksmith in Victoria BC that has made them in the past if you are in that area. Let me know and I will try to dig up his name and address.

I am looking for a number 1 key myself. There were only 4 different keys if I remember rightly.
      P/C Bob Hicks JN
      Dock Holiday, 1992 Bayliner 3888 Double Cabin Flybridge Cruiser
      Twin Hino W04TI 210 HP Diesels with Hurth HSW630A 2.0:1 Trannys
      Westerbeke 8.0 BTD-614 8KW Genset
      Avon 9 ft 6 in Tender with a Tohatsu M8B 8HP outboard
      Currently moored at Stones in Nanamio, B.C.

Comment

THE BRASS WORKS INC.

PO BOX 566 DELAND, FLORIDA 32721

PHONE : 386-943-8857

The keys are around $12.00 each and 5 bucks for shipping. 3 day delivery.

JV

Comment

• CapMartin
          CapMartin commented
          Editing a comment
          +1

+1 what Johnny says but you’ll help yourself if you know the single digit number stamped on the original key or a key that works.
        Jim Gandee
        1989 3888
        Hino 175's
        Fire Escape
        [email protected]
        Alamitos Bay, SoCal

Comment

I had to buy some blanks on eBay and then take them to my local hardware store to get them cut. None of my locksmiths, stores etc. stocked them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Mobella-C...-127632-2357-0
          Partner in a 1999 4788

Seattle, WA

Comment

I replaced the door lock with a better lock/keyed unit that featured a interior lock knob. These may have been a limited run production but great secure improvement. Do a search of BOC you’ll find this info.
            1990 4588

Comment

• Seahawk II
              Seahawk II commented
              Editing a comment
              Nothing comes up???

Get the key number and try Ebay, I got 5 Number "6" keys for $8 and $4.11 shipping total just under $2.50 per key. I typed skeleton key in the description space and several appropriate ones came up. All different prices but many under $10 including shipping.
            Bill
            Thanks,
            Bill

Comment

UPDATE I found a couple keys now just need the striker plate as mine is missing. - I may try my hand at making one.

Comment

I made a bunch of striker plates when I worked in a stainless steel shop.

Send me your mailing address and I'll send you one. Mine are laser cut.

Johnny Vintage

Comment

Working...
                X