4588 Flybridge Access Panel Key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4588 Flybridge Access Panel Key

1993 Bayliner 4588 -- I've managed to misplace the key that unlocks the panel to get access to the Upper Helm station. There doesn't appear to be a number on the lock. Can someone give me some insight on how to get this open other than a big screwdriver an a hammer? Is it a common key number? Thanks!
    Yep, my 4588 Bayliner IS my happy place :whistle:

Any locksmith can come to the boat and get that lock open and make a key.
    Hino W06
    St. Louis, MO
    ”It’s A Wonderful Life”

Comment

Drill the lock out. You can easily replace it for $5-$10.
      Patrick and Patti
      4588 Pilothouse 1991
      12ft Endeavor RIB 2013
      M/V "Paloma"
      MMSI # 338142921

Comment

Did that years a ago…drill out of my lazy approach was a large flat screw driver shoved into the key way and a turn breaks it…replace the locks a $10 or so and common size
        Mark
        USCG OUPV
        1990 4588
        Carlsbad, CA

Comment

I have numerous unidentified keys which look like the key to that flybridge locker. I agree with others. Take out the original and replace whole unit. Nice large flat head screw diver and a block of would. Pop it open. The metal foot well bend. You can then take out the original lock, replace, or re-key and bend back that foot.

Comment

The locker lock has a thin flat piece of metal about 2.5" long and about 1/8" thick. You can bent the latch to get it open with a screwdriver if you don't have access to a drill. The lock can easily be replaced with a nut on the inside of the locker. Ace Hardware has the exact lock. I lost my key about 3 months ago and bent the latch to open it.

Comment

I picked up one of those $7 lock picking sets and faster than you can say "JeffW is an awesomely handsome person". I had the lock open. Quick replacement at the ACE hardware (listed under mail box keys). Replaced it and fixed the auto pilot and that part is good to go. Thanks for all the suggestions.
              Yep, my 4588 Bayliner IS my happy place :whistle:

Comment

Working...
              X