3288 Window treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3288 Window treatment

Hi all. Its time to get rid of the old, original sliding curtains. Am seeking Seattle area vendors. Don't want curtains, or typical blinds. Would appreciate suggestions for Seattle area maker and installer of boat window covering alternatives and options. Thanks.

Ned at Leschi, "Challah Day"
    Ned Porges / Seattle

Are your overhead sliders also equipped with numerous chips and fractures that allow the sliding tabs to fall out ? My 1985 3270 "Dulcedo" has the original curtains hanging in unattractive slumping form because we just never found anyone making something that would easily replace that slider mechanism.

My Admiral keeps asking about conventional curtains, but I point out that a curtain rod won't fit in the very narrow space we've got to hang our window coverings.

Comment

• Centerline2
      Centerline2 commented
      Editing a comment
      their are many slider/roller selections to choose from in an RV accessory parts manual... they undoubtedly have your exact same type, or something very similar that will work on the same track...

Originally posted by nedporges View Post
    Hi all. Its time to get rid of the old, original sliding curtains. Am seeking Seattle area vendors. Don't want curtains, or typical blinds. Would appreciate suggestions for Seattle area maker and installer of boat window covering alternatives and options. Thanks.

Ned at Leschi, "Challah Day"
    I would never get rid of the blackout curtains inside, as when we stay at a transient dock, we dont want anyone seeing in after the sun goes down....

but for a daytime window covering, I used sunbrella shade/diffuser material (I didnt want white) and made one that blocks the sun, yet I can see thru... it makes the cabin about 20 degrees cooler on the hot days.. and dont have to remove it when driving from the bridge, and can still close the curtains inside at night....

I thought about using the dark or mirrored window film, but that causes it to be darker inside even on the gloomy rainy days, and we didnt want that.... this cover can be rolled up and stored easily.

NU LIBERTE'
    Salem, OR

1989 Bayliner 2556 Convertible
    5.7 OMC Cobra - 15.5x11 prop
    N2K equipped throughout..
    2014 Ram 3500 crew cab, 6.7 Cummins
    2007 M-3705 SLC weekend warrior, 5th wheel
    '04 Polaris Sportsman 700 -- '05 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO
    Heavy Equipment Repair and Specialty Welding

Comment

The overhead sliders work just fine. The lined curtains are stained, ugly. Moreover, is especially difficult to climb around the port side of the cabin to slide the curtains open or to close and secure them with the matching cloth straps. Starboard side easy but equally unattractive. The RV suggestion is worthy of follow-up. Thanks and more suggestions appreciated.
      Ned Porges / Seattle

Comment

One more thing. Curtains end going forward where the windows start to slope upwards from their bottom. Be nice if there was something to cover the windows all the way forward. Then there is the windshield. I do have one piece black canvas that covers from the outside. Is rarely used because requires install from outside and stowage when not in use. Admiral says live with it; I say must be a better solution.
        Ned Porges / Seattle

Comment

Working...
        X