What Model is this Bayliner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Model is this Bayliner?

It is a 1980 Bayliner but cant find another boat with matching descriptions to get approx value. Has twin GM 350s direct drive(low hours), most all electronics no generator, 2 steering stations, bathroom & shower, oven, refrig & windlass anchor. Thank you for your time & consideration

Looks like it could be an early version of a 32 Motor Yacht. Never seen this one before.

Comment

Originally posted by zzyyzzxx00 View Post
      It is a 1980 Bayliner but cant find another boat with matching descriptions to get approx value. Has twin GM 350s direct drive(low hours), most all electronics no generator, 2 steering stations, bathroom & shower, oven, refrig & windlass anchor. Thank you for your time & consideration
      It would help a lot of you had some dimensions as well as a hull ID number.
      Things like length, width, deadrise all help to narrow it down.

With that said it look like a 3550 "Bristol" - made by Bayliner fro 1978-1981. Precursor to the Bayliner 3288 series.
      The Bristol has a beam of 13' 1" and a length about 35'.
      Northport NY

Comment

• zzyyzzxx00
        zzyyzzxx00 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, I found out it is a 1979 Conquest 3150 Sedan Bridge. Thank you so much for your response, much appreciated

If it is 28’ in hull length, it’s a very rare Encounter. Most of them had outdrives. More likely, it’s a 32’ Conquest, another rare version with the command bridge.
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      MMSI 367770440

Comment

• smitty477
        smitty477 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good call Pete

I agree it’s a 32 conquest. Good running boat. One of our members had one with twin 454’s
      1995 3988 250 Hinos
      "When mad yell, when really mad curse"

Comment

3rd vote for Conquest. I saw one of CL a couple years ago that had been stripped to a bare hull and the seller was in the process of rebuilding it. The two-angle rear wall of the salon is what jumped out at me back then as well. At a glance, it seems similar to the 3270s of the era but it's a much different boat. The interior layout is different and it has a true planing hull, complete with strakes.

Comment

It looks like a hybrid 3270 with a dash of Carver and a bow of a 3486. Cool boat!
          "Fog 1"
          1989 Bayliner 3288
          Twin 305s
          Kenmore, WA

Comment

Found this one for sale near Detroit.

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/b...277459830.html
            "Fog 1"
            1989 Bayliner 3288
            Twin 305s
            Kenmore, WA

Comment

It was a predecessor to the 3270 - designed before fuel economy was as desirable. Think they built them '78,'79,'80 or thereabouts. 3270 was part of the explorer series that came about in '81 or '82 and were basically designed for trawler performance.

It is a fairly deep V and the 350's were just adequate for power as the sedan.

The Conquest hull had more variants than just about any other size that I can think of that Bayliner did.
              Sunbridge, hardtop, or hardtop with a 2 seat bridge with I/O's, direct drive, V-drive. Depending on the engine package there might be a midship stateroom.
              Sedan (like at the start of this post) as direct drive.
              1999 Sandpiper Pilothouse - Current
              1989 3888 - 2011-2019, 1985 Contessa - 2005-2011, 1986 21' Trophy 1998-2005
              Nobody gets out alive.

Comment

Working...
              X