Haul out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haul out

Hauled out this morning and fought a rising tide and breeze of the direction. Crabbing to tie up was a struggle. But to my pleasant surprise the 4 plus year old bottom paint was sound with no barrier coat peeking through. Shafts, props, trim tabs all looked great. Monthly bottom cleaning has been a good investment.
    The only minor issue was they hull screens for the salt water head intake was crust. But I have no salt water head system. My system is Vaccuflush fresh water. So those thru hulls are not used and have not been used since 1996!
    CLEAN YOUR BOTTOM BUT DO NOT FLUSH THOSE “FLUSHABLE WIPED”!

Beware of conditions looking “too good”. It’s the corollary to “no good dead goes unpunished”.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    MMSI 367770440

Comment

Pete- I think you meant “deed” not “dead” 🤣
      Gibraltar, Mi.
      1986- 3870- Hino 175's
      1988 26' Shamrock/ Diesel
      14' Zodiac Bay Runner

Comment

• Pcpete
        Pcpete commented
        Editing a comment
        ¥£]_\! Spellcheck.....

Did two coats and will be back in the water Friday.
      Survey went well with no major issues noted. OEM ice make non-op. Ready to battle insurance now.

Comment

Ice maker is an easy fix.

Comment

Uline ice makers have lots of service parts, sometimes a new unit is cheaper but both are options depending on the issue.
          Mark
          USCG OUPV
          1990 4588
          Carlsbad, CA

Comment

I have become accustomed to purified water produced ice in my counter top ice maker but I suspect after pouring sufficient vodka the ice quality and purity is of less concern.

Comment

When we got our 1987 4550 the U-Line icemaker would freeze but wouldn't produce ice. I pulled the grill off the front and found the wire harness was disconnected from the water valve. Plugged it back in and it started making ice right away.

I found the original manual later and in the troubleshooting section it actually said to check that wire connector, so I wonder if it's a common issue...
              Brad
              Lake Union, Seattle
              1987 Bayliner 4550 "Ark Angel"
              Hino EH700T / MG-502 / Cummins Onan 7kw

Comment

I’ll check that out. A P.O. Changed the grill out to a teak grill with a switch on the face. I’ll check it out again. Would make a nice spot for a 2cf freezer.

Comment

Working...
                X