Recessed brass ring puck light source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recessed brass ring puck light source

Tried to resolve a polarity problem on a recessed 12v overhead light in the master berth of my 1990 4588. Lead wire attached to the bulb receiver was fragile from corrosion and snapped. Anyone know a source for these lights?

https://www.imtra.com/products/lighting
    Mark
    USCG OUPV
    1990 4588
    Carlsbad, CA

Comment

Thanks Mark. Did not see a 7” ceiling light similar or same as the OEM 12v bulb Light w brass trim ring. I replaced all of the original bayonet bulbs w LED. Two would not light w the LEDs, they are polarity sensitive. Tried to re-wire & butt wire tab on the bulb receiver was corroded & snapped. Could not repair.
      Anyone know the OEM brand name or source
      Intraday did not have it. Anyone have one laying around?
      1990 4588
      Port Hueneme, Ca

Comment

Look up Sailor Sams - they have all the light fixtures and trim rings.

Sailorsams.com
        Rob
        Bayliner 5788
        'Merlin V'
        Vancouver BC

Comment

Found something at SuperBright. Appear to be as thin and fit flush in existing mount frame. 7” brass toned trim rings w/bright LED plate rather than bayonet style LED bulb. Ordered 4 @ $17.00 ea.

good luck to me!
          LPRM-40K7-12: Natural White w/ White Trim

1990 4588
          Port Hueneme, Ca

Comment

The factor lights on 1990 are square and NOT led...most of us have upgrade either bulbs or entire fixture of the years...just sharing maybe pull one down and see if it has tag or model or brand to search from
            Mark
            USCG OUPV
            1990 4588
            Carlsbad, CA

Comment

Did not find any ID on the dome can. Did find a local tech who has 10 of these pulled from a remodel. He’s bringing one by to see if it will do. In the mean time I await the SupeeBrite lights which should arrive on Saturday.

Comment

Received the SuperBright LED 7” pucks. Looked great online. Read the instructions and turns out they are 12w 120v, crap. Back they go. I did finally have success in rebuilding the original bayonet receiver. Put back together and remounted w LED bulbs. Great brilliant light! Solved.

Comment

Working...
                X