Transmission Cooling Hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission Cooling Hose

I have to replace the hoses going to the transmission oil cooler they look worn.

I am wondering what size they are and what the specification is, or if the original manufacturer has the specification.
    Hugh
    1990 3888
    Hino 175 Diesels

Hugh, my suggestion would be to take some pics/OD measurements first and discuss with Pirtek or NZED for them to cut to size/fit new fittings on each end. Mine have gone 20 yrs and still looked ok when I fitted a new trans cooler.

Cheers
    John H
    Brisbane QLD Aust
    "Harbor-nating"

2000 - 4788/Cummins 370's

Comment

I took a pair from one engine to a hydraulic hose shop that mainly services commercial customers. Hoses for construction machines, manufacturing, about anything that uses a hydraulic cylinder. They made the hoses for both engines while I waited, about 45 minutes including waiting for my turn, and I think they were about $10 each. I’m sure there’s a shop in your area.
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      MMSI 367770440

Comment

• HughfromOz
        HughfromOz commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Pete we have an outfit called Pirtek who do that I will try them

Originally posted by higgins_jr View Post
      Hugh, my suggestion would be to take some pics/OD measurements first and discuss with Pirtek or NZED for them to cut to size/fit new fittings on each end. Mine have gone 20 yrs and still looked ok when I fitted a new trans cooler.

Cheers
      Thanks John, good suggestion. I didn't know pertek sold this type of hose. It looks to be either 1.25" or 1.5" and is just held on with hose clamps each end. The ends look like they are starting to perish. I will try pertek. I thought they just did fuel lines.
      Hugh
      1990 3888
      Hino 175 Diesels

Comment

Originally posted by HughfromOz View Post

Thanks John, good suggestion. I didn't know pertek sold this type of hose. It looks to be either 1.25" or 1.5" and is just held on with hose clamps each end. The ends look like they are starting to perish. I will try pertek. I thought they just did fuel lines.
        Without any knowledge of your particular power plant: That size hose with basic hose clamps sounds like a water supply hose. Any marine supply outfit would likely have it in bulk.
        Dave
        Edmonds, WA
        "THE FIX"
        '93 2556
        Carbureted 383 Vortec-Bravo II 2.0:1 18 1/4x19 P

The rebuild of my 2556 https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...76?view=thread
        Misc. projects thread
        https://www.baylinerownersclub.org/f...56-gctid789773

Comment

I used 1 1/4 from NAPA with wire. It's been in use for many years and no issues.
          Brad & Sharon
          Lady Jake
          1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
          LaConner,Wa. (summer)
          2003 Scout CC 24' W/225 Yamaha
          kailua Kona,Hi (Winter)

Comment

Working...
          X