4387 aft deck lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4387 aft deck lights

I just noticed that I had lights on the aft deck but can't figure out how to turn them on. Can anyone let me know where the light switch would be? I turned on all the switches I see but not getting voltage.

Those do not look like factory. They do look similar to lights I installed on my boat. Mine are touch sensitive in the center of the light. If touching the center of yours do not cause them to come on could be they don't have power to them. Also try pressing in the center as perhaps the switch is integrated to turn on and off kind of like the clicking of a ball point pen.
    Tony Bacon,
    Washougal, WA
    Caspian, MMSI 338355743
    1997 3788 Cummins 250hp

Comment

• Deathwarp
      Deathwarp commented
      Editing a comment
      they are not stock the hole that they are in is bigger than the light but can't tell that from the picture. I took one of them down and not getting power at the wires. also have other lights that are directional that don't have power going to them either. Also just went and looked they don't push in to turn on.

I assume you've checked upper bridge switchs along with DC master switches,if so then start looking for an Inline fuse.....Good Hunting....Brad
    Brad & Sharon
    Lady Jake
    1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
    LaConner,Wa. (summer)
    2003 Scout CC 24' W/225 Yamaha
    kailua Kona,Hi (Winter)

Comment

Not sure from picture angle but it looks like it’s directly under the stern light. If so, it may be spliced into the stern light wiring. Try turning the Nav lights on.

On my former 4387 I ran a circuit to the back of the hardtop. It’s extremely difficult to fish a wire through the hardtop wire chase. Getting around the corner is the problem unless you cut access holes. Maybe the PO just decided to tie to stern light.

Comment

Working...
      X