Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blake Davis Brokerage - Closed ?

Hi All.

I hadn't been on Blake Davis's web site for a long time, but went to look for some Meridian 490's for sale.

It doesn't look like his web site is current and when I googled him, I read that he was permanently closed.

He knew more about the Bayliner 4799 and Meridian than most people.

Does anyone know if he retired... went out of business, or had some sort of health problem?

Thanks.

From what I can gather, it was a bit of all three factors. In talking to him several years back, the brokerage was suffering from the multiple outboard phenomenon for the mid size boats, changed market conditions (more for day boats than Pilothouses etc) and the majority of brokered 47’s/49’s offered falling over from failing surveys (mechanical issues from over propping). I believe he left Florida, exiting the business after it declined ..... Too bad, as you say, he was a wealth of information and knowledge.
    John H
    Brisbane QLD Aust
    "Harbor-nating"

2000 - 4788/Cummins 370's

Comment

I was last in touch with Blake in Feb 2019 - he was active and speaking about a few boats with me at that time. He was still in St Lucie and working with his son handling a few different areas realted to boating - he did mention he was banned from the BOC the last time we were in touch that February. Due to covid we have not been back down to Florida yet this year.
      All i know.
      Northport NY

Comment

Originally posted by higgins_jr View Post
        From what I can gather, it was a bit of all three factors. In talking to him several years back, the brokerage was suffering from the multiple outboard phenomenon for the mid size boats, changed market conditions (more for day boats than Pilothouses etc) and the majority of brokered 47’s/49’s offered falling over from failing surveys (mechanical issues from over propping). I believe he left Florida, exiting the business after it declined ..... Too bad, as you say, he was a wealth of information and knowledge.
        Thanks for that info higgins_jr.

I knew the source amount of Pilothouse boats (Bayliner/Meridian) would dry up sooner or later. It's hard to make a living without the product to sell.

I wasn't aware of the failed surveys. That certainly isn't good for sales.

A google search fro his Brokerage business turns up remnants of his old website pages, but it's obvious they haven't been updated in a long time.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty477 View Post
          I was last in touch with Blake in Feb 2019 - he was active and speaking about a few boats with me at that time. He was still in St Lucie and working with his son handling a few different areas realted to boating - he did mention he was banned from the BOC the last time we were in touch that February. Due to covid we have not been back down to Florida yet this year.
          All i know.
          WOW! Banned from BOC !? That would be a blow to him and his business. The BOC forum was a great mode of communication for him to get his name out in the Bayliner/Meridian community.

I was concerned he had a heart attack of suffered some other health problem.

He had been doing the brokerage stuff for so long, I had also considered that he may have retired, especially since I would assume COVID had an affect on the business.

The knowledge he took when he closed up is a real loss.

Thanks for the info.

Stay Safe !

Comment

He is still very active on the Meridian Owners Club site.
            Tally and Vicki
            "Wickus" Meridian 341
            MMSI 338014939

Comment

Originally posted by talman View Post
              He is still very active on the Meridian Owners Club site.
              Thanks !

I'll give that a looksee......

Comment

Originally posted by timp4411 View Post

WOW! Banned from BOC !? That would be a blow to him and his business. The BOC forum was a great mode of communication for him to get his name out in the Bayliner/Meridian community.

I was concerned he had a heart attack of suffered some other health problem.

He had been doing the brokerage stuff for so long, I had also considered that he may have retired, especially since I would assume COVID had an affect on the business.

The knowledge he took when he closed up is a real loss.

Thanks for the info.

Stay Safe !

"WOW! Banned from BOC !?"
                I believe that was many years back.

"That would be a blow to him and his business"
                I really doubt it from what I see.

"The BOC forum was a great mode of communication for him to get his name out in the Bayliner/Meridian community"
                You can ask him when you call, I really dont think it made much difference from what he said.
                Northport NY

Comment

Blake was banned by a prior administration of the BOC. Blake was a straight shooter and that tends to ruffle a few tail feathers.

I have known him for many years and will look for his account and unlock it if I can find it.

KEVIN SANDERS
                  4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
                  www.transferswitch4less.com

where are we right now?

https://maps.findmespot.com/s/36S4

Comment

He certainly does not soft soap anything. He knows al ot of things about a lot of things.
                    Tally and Vicki
                    "Wickus" Meridian 341
                    MMSI 338014939

Comment

Blake hasn't gone anywhere except for a move from Miami to Fort Pierce about 6 years ago.

You will find him at meridianpilothouse.com or yachtsforu.com
                      84-38,,86-38,,89-45,,97-47,,99-47,,01-47,,05-540,, 04-411 meridian and 11 others,, all gone ,,now 04 -490 ,,sidney,,vancouver island.

Comment

• higgins_jr
                        higgins_jr commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Good to know he’s well. Cheers

Originally posted by dyoung View Post
                      Blake hasn't gone anywhere except for a move from Miami to Fort Pierce about 6 years ago.

You will find him at meridianpilothouse.com or yachtsforu.com
                      Hello DYoung - Last email I had with him he said to say hello if you were around the BOC. He also mentioned you were the go to guy for details on the Meridian line of boats. I do not think that for a long standing professional Yacht Broker there are many real deals left to be made with the Bayliners.... too few around and the ones that do trade are lower value which require the exact same amount of work to complete a deal but yield a % of the fees. Hope all is well with you...
                      Northport NY

Comment

Had to look in my email archives to check. I was last in touch with Blake 2 years ago when a pilothouse boat that he had gone to look at for me in Florida suddenly showed up in my marina in Texas (not a Bayliner). As I remember it, he was turning over the brokerage to his son who had quite a bit of experience as a yacht pilot. I check his website every now and then but the listings have been rather static.
                        Evan
                        2001 Bayliner 4788 "Fifty / Fifty II"
                        League City, TX

Comment

Blake is alive and well. From an email this morning. "I am well!! Blake"

Comment

Not only is " dyoung" the very knowledgeable on Meridian Yachts he is Extremely knowledge on Bayliner's.
                            Brad & Sharon
                            Lady Jake
                            1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
                            LaConner,Wa. (summer)
                            2003 Scout CC 24' W/225 Yamaha
                            kailua Kona,Hi (Winter)

Comment

Working...
                            X