Built in Swim Step for 4388

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Built in Swim Step for 4388

So, if you are at all familiar with the 4388, it has that funky built in swim step that is about 6-8" thick. I want to actually put in a built in swim step ladder but I can't find ANYWHERE one to buy. I am not sure if I am searching for it wrong or what but I can't seem to find them. I see smaller boats with them... I've seen bigger boats with them so WHY CAN'T I FIND ONE TO JUST DROP IT IN.

OK... I will calm down. I just don't feel like cutting a hole in the swim step and then glassing the whole thing in just to have a built in swim step.

Please help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	077313_2015_sea_ray_Sport_Boats_300_SLX.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	198.8 KB
ID:	599896Click image for larger version

Name:	1344947_3.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	321.5 KB
ID:	599897

Attached Files
    Ships n Giggles
    1993 Bayliner 4388
    MMSI# 367412710
    Day Island Yacht Club
    Commodore

Sorry bud. I never seen the kit you speak of.. maybe cut one out of a salvage boat and save a little glass work? Or get one that mounts underneath? That would work well..
    Just my thoughts as I too hate the flip down ladder.
    LilJohn Captain of Premium IV
    1991 4388 floating in the great PNW..

Comment

you think that swim step slams the water hard now when anchored...wait til you put any sort of extension on it. It will be like a canon going off if there's any chop around your anchorage.
      Toni

Yelm, Washington
      1994 Hino powered 4788

Comment

Toni, not looking for the extension, looking for the built in ladder that would go into the step.

The other option is to get a 12" extension built because getting on and off the boat in the back is kind of a pain in the ass. If I have to glass the built in step, I think I will just go that route.
        Ships n Giggles
        1993 Bayliner 4388
        MMSI# 367412710
        Day Island Yacht Club
        Commodore

Comment

Working...
        X