Sold my Bayliner 3870

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold my Bayliner 3870

It was a mixed feeling day when I watched "Cheers" leave my dock for her new home. She was our boat for 17 years, did the "Great Loop" twice and many shorter trips.Never failing to bring us home again. Family health issues and age forced the sale. This has been the first time I have been without a boat in 75 years, so I am luckier than most. The 3870 is a great boat, big enough to go safely and small enough to take care of by a DIYS er. The Baylinerownersclub has been a great source of information for me and hope that my input may have helped others. The boat's new owner leaves me with a good feeling, it took them 5 days to get home and said it ran great.
    BJL / Cheers

Bitter sweet
    Irony
    1989 Bayliner 4588 - EH700TI
    Portsmouth, NH

Comment

I don’t know if I should congratulate you or offer condolences. All of us are going to reach that day, but congrats on not letting it fall into disuse.
      P/C Pete
      Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
      1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
      Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
      MMSI 367770440

Comment

Be thankful you were able to sell it during a time in your life where there was not a personal crisis.

You were able to take care of her and provide proper orientation for the new owners.

Now you need to find another hobby!

Thanks for posting and best wishes to you and your family.
        Present Boat- 2018 VR5 4.5/200hp Mercruiser
        Last Boat- 1998 Capri 1950CL 3.0 Mercruiser

Comment

Working...
        X