Kashiyama 1690-1659R pump gaskets-gctid427575

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kashiyama 1690-1659R pump gaskets-gctid427575

Does anyone have a source for the Kashiyama Raw water pump gaskets typically installed on 38's? Gasket P/N was formerly Mercury Quicksilver 27-831191200 then was superseded by Part Number 161191200A. I just changed my impellers and need to restock my gaskets for the next time. All the websites say "unavailable". Are we now down to silicon or Form-a-Gasket?

Hi Fred, send me your address and I will send you some... I have a new run made every year of them and other EH 700 gaskets.. Earl International

Comment

Thanks Earl! Having obsolete gaskets made for you is great. You are saving our collective butts again and keeping the old hulls going!

Cheers, Fred

Comment

Got gaskets?

Andy Mills

249 160th Trail SE

Tenino, WA 98589

Thanks.

Comment

"Got gaskets?"

Seaduction - contact Earl he will take good care of you and your engines.

http://www.baylinerguru.com/

Hope this helps
          Northport NY

Comment

Seaduction, how many would you like?? 386 383 1872 Earl International

Comment

Hi Earl, Thanks for replying.....four would fix me up for the next two years. I have been making them out of paper bags. They work fine, but are a pain to make and time consuming.

Comment

Earl, do you still carry the cover gaskets needed for replacing the impellars on the Kashiyama pump? I have the twin EH-700TIs with those pumps and am looking for 4. Thanks for your time!

Comment

I have as many as you want , Email me at esumfla@aol.com or call 386 383 1872, Earl International

Comment

I can supply a rebuild kit for these pumps with new water seals, lip seal, impeller, and bearings. These can be fitted with no machining or adaption of the pump body and allows you to keep your original pump. I understand the major problem with these pumps is the water seal is now obsolete rendering the whole pump obsolete if it is leaking from the shaft seal. You can contact me at kiwimarineservices@xtra.co.nz for more details. You can get your engineer to install the kit or you can easily do it yourself if you do your own maintenance. The kit and installation is a fraction of the cost of trying to adapt an aftermarket pump to fit the engine or doing expensive machining to adapt another type of water seal. I have found the easiest way is make the paper gasket.

Comment

Thumbs up to "Kiwi marine".... he's just re-built my pump and its working like a charm! Much more cost effective than changing pumps and having to make alternative bracketing!

Comment

Thumbs down to Kiwi Marine for spamming by responding to every Hino pump thread he could find. He should have posted once in the BOC mall section.
                        1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
                        2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
                        Anacortes, WA

Comment

• Kiwi Marine Services
                          Editing a comment
                          Not trying to spam at all. I'm new to the forum thing and I could see that this seems to be a major problem for a lot of owners. Quite happy to do as you suggest if I knew about it. Just wanted to get it out there for you guys so you don't go wasting heaps of unnecessary money.Now I know about mall section I will have look at it and post there. Just trying to help so I put it on a few threads, not all that I could find. This is just a very simple and cost effective way to replace the obsolete water seal.

Easiest way for gaskets if you can't get them is to use some 0.2mm gasket paper. Lay it over the face of the pump and lightly tap it with a small ball hammer around the edges to make it cut the paper to shape. Then use a leather working hole punch to make the bolt holes. If you want to be certain wipe a very thin layer of gasket sealer on the gasket when you install it. They key to it all is a VERY light tap with the hammer then finish with a craft knite to get a clean cut and wipe a VERY thin layer of gasket sealer. With a little practice you will be able to knock out four or five gaskets in 15 minutes or so. Get enough gasket paper in case the first one or two is a practice run.

Comment

I have had a look around at these parts on this forum and here's what I have found. It appears you can probably get all the other parts you need locally to rebuild these pumps for a lot less than I can supply them for. I see there are two impellers for $55USD on E Bay, mine are $185NZD each. Yep we are being burgled on them here in New Zealand. Earl has plenty of the gaskets as it seems he gets a bunch of them made periodically and they are reasonably priced. The bearings are a standard bearing available from any engineering supplies shop. The part that is obsolete is the water seal and they don't seem to be available anywhere. My seal kits put two water seals into each pump and any capable garage mechanic can install them without modifying the pump bodies or any machining. They cost $105NZD per kit including delivery worldwide. If you get more than one seal kit I can offer a %15 discount. I can also offer a better discount for purchasing in bulk. If you want the other parts I can of course supply them but I won't be cheaper than your local supplier. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                          X