Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• janas
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, we’ll take a closer look. Sure hope we can remove them!

• Jmason
    replied
    My valance was wedged in place on the port side in addition to the long screws. We had to pull all of the long screws (a couple were hidden in the fabric covering the “T” mount base. I originally had antiquated fluorescent lights and blind hangers mounted in there as well.
    The blinds we pulled & trashed. Replaced with cell blinds. The fluorescents we trashed and replace with LED tube lamps 2-3 times brighter.
    1990 4588

Leave a comment:

• janas
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Brad, next time we are up at the boat, I’ll take some pictures. Very frustrating since there are no visible screws and the only two we have seen on the starboard side have been removed and still a no go!

• brad4550
    replied
    Hi Guys
    If you still have this project when we get back I would be happy to lend a hand.....As said above their has to be a screw. Our new valance has some located in puck lights and under the blinds (as stated above) could they be covered under material ? Have a pic.of valance you could post ? might help us..

Leave a comment:

• Jmason
    replied
    My 4588 valance base is screwed with long screws into a 1” wood strip adhered to the fiberglass roof of the salon. There were six or nine very long screws through the mounting “T” base.
    we’ve pulled the down twice to recover. Once with fabric and the last with sunbrella Naugahyde. Looks great.

Leave a comment:

• stanfromhell
    replied
    Check closely with a flashlight, you may have missed a screw or two

Leave a comment:

• janas
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! We removed mini blinds and the screws beneath. Still cannot get them to budge. Previous owners did a remodel and must have installed them differently we’ve determined after a very frustrating afternoon. They seem to be locked in place somehow.

• ksanders
    replied
    Originally posted by stanfromhell View Post
    Trying to remove them with a screwdriver will give you aching muscles and a very bad temper. Use a variable speed battery pwered drill and purchase a very long, correctly sized phillips bit.
    and have two people. I’ve done it with one person and it’s really frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• stanfromhell
    replied
    Trying to remove them with a screwdriver will give you aching muscles and a very bad temper. Use a variable speed battery pwered drill and purchase a very long, correctly sized phillips bit.

Leave a comment:

• ksanders
    replied
    Underneath the mini blinds there are large screws.

Also, if memory is correct behind some of the puck lights, but I’m not for sure about that.

Leave a comment:

• janas
    started a topic Removing Valences in 1994 4788

Removing Valences in 1994 4788

Does anyone know how to remove the valences in the salon of a 1994 4788? Ours need to be recovered.
Working...
X