Removing Valences in 1994 4788

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Valences in 1994 4788

Does anyone know how to remove the valences in the salon of a 1994 4788? Ours need to be recovered.
    Tom and Jana
    1994 47’ - No Clue
    Camano Island, WA

Underneath the mini blinds there are large screws.

Also, if memory is correct behind some of the puck lights, but I’m not for sure about that.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
    where are we right now​​​​​​???​

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/...j23OquWOj2N3Xe

Comment

• janas
      janas commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! We removed mini blinds and the screws beneath. Still cannot get them to budge. Previous owners did a remodel and must have installed them differently we’ve determined after a very frustrating afternoon. They seem to be locked in place somehow.

Trying to remove them with a screwdriver will give you aching muscles and a very bad temper. Use a variable speed battery pwered drill and purchase a very long, correctly sized phillips bit.
    2001 Bayliner 4788
    Underhulls
    Bow & Stern Thrusters
    330 Cummins
    Langley British Columbia

Comment

Originally posted by stanfromhell View Post
      Trying to remove them with a screwdriver will give you aching muscles and a very bad temper. Use a variable speed battery pwered drill and purchase a very long, correctly sized phillips bit.
      and have two people. I’ve done it with one person and it’s really frustrating.

KEVIN SANDERS
      4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
      where are we right now​​​​​​???​

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/...j23OquWOj2N3Xe

Comment

Check closely with a flashlight, you may have missed a screw or two
        2001 Bayliner 4788
        Underhulls
        Bow & Stern Thrusters
        330 Cummins
        Langley British Columbia

Comment

My 4588 valance base is screwed with long screws into a 1” wood strip adhered to the fiberglass roof of the salon. There were six or nine very long screws through the mounting “T” base.
          we’ve pulled the down twice to recover. Once with fabric and the last with sunbrella Naugahyde. Looks great.

Comment

Hi Guys
            If you still have this project when we get back I would be happy to lend a hand.....As said above their has to be a screw. Our new valance has some located in puck lights and under the blinds (as stated above) could they be covered under material ? Have a pic.of valance you could post ? might help us..
            Brad & Sharon
            Lady Jake
            1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
            LaConner,Wa. (summer)
            2003 Scout CC 24' W/225 Yamaha
            kailua Kona,Hi (Winter)

Comment

• janas
              janas commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Brad, next time we are up at the boat, I’ll take some pictures. Very frustrating since there are no visible screws and the only two we have seen on the starboard side have been removed and still a no go!

My valance was wedged in place on the port side in addition to the long screws. We had to pull all of the long screws (a couple were hidden in the fabric covering the “T” mount base. I originally had antiquated fluorescent lights and blind hangers mounted in there as well.
            The blinds we pulled & trashed. Replaced with cell blinds. The fluorescents we trashed and replace with LED tube lamps 2-3 times brighter.
            1990 4588

Comment

• janas
              janas commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, we’ll take a closer look. Sure hope we can remove them!
          Working...
          X