Recommendation for Carpet Installer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendation for Carpet Installer

Our carpet is getting long in the tooth, time to replace. I need a good reasonably priced installer in the Everett WA area. I would be open to removing the old carpet if it would help reduce the cost.
    Thanks for your help.
    Patrick
    Patrick and Patti
    4588 Pilothouse 1991
    12ft Endeavor RIB 2013
    M/V "Paloma"
    MMSI # 338142921

Remnant King in Everett works on Boats and RVs. They came all the way to Anacortes and did an awesome job on my boat.

https://remnantkingcarpet.com
    1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
    2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
    Anacortes, WA

Comment

Papa, you could probably save a bunch just pulling the about 2,000 staple around the hatches.😁
      Kevin
      Seattle
      'Joysea' 1998 3788 MY 270 Cummins
      My 6th Bayliner

Comment

BTW, this is the time to add hatches, or modify them. I made four small hatches to take the place of the two gigantic hatches on my 3788. I also replaced the pulls with nice brass, recessed ones. The installer from Remnant King told me how much space to leave all around for the carpet.

Anacortes, WA

Comment

Thinking about it to?? what kind if padding did ya use and what grade carpet???
          1993 43.88 bayliner motoryatch

Comment

Give your neighbor Rick & Judy a call. They use a local to replace their carpet. Great price I recall....
            1992 4588 Twin 250 hp WO6-TI Hino
            12.5 kw Northern Light OM843NW2
            MMSI# 367650430
            FCC Call sign WDH 7669

Comment

Originally posted by joe View Post
              Thinking about it to?? what kind if padding did ya use and what grade carpet???
              I originally wanted to use acoustic carpet underlayment in the salon. It's a heavy foam with an acoustic mass loaded vinyl on one side. At the time I could not find anyone that carried it locally or that would sell the small amount I needed. It appears that now there's a supplier that will sell small quantities: https://www.tmsoundproofing.com/Carp...rlayments.html. In the end I went with an underlayment recommended by the installer. It's a closed-cell foam that does not absorb moisture. It's not made from bonded foam pieces like most underlayment.

As far as carpet, my wife chose something she liked from the available selections at the carpet store.
              Anacortes, WA

Comment

Originally posted by knuckelbuster1 View Post
                Give your neighbor Rick & Judy a call. They use a local to replace their carpet. Great price I recall....
                Ya, I need to get this Rick. Don't care for Remnant King, went in there once before and they wanted a fortune for a small remnant that i needed. Kind of put me off. There was one guy that was doing most of the boats for members of the Everett Yacht Club, but the number I called said it was not working any more.
                Patrick and Patti
                4588 Pilothouse 1991
                12ft Endeavor RIB 2013
                M/V "Paloma"
                MMSI # 338142921

Comment

Originally posted by Papa_Charlie View Post

Ya, I need to get this Rick. Don't care for Remnant King, went in there once before and they wanted a fortune for a small remnant that i needed. Kind of put me off. There was one guy that was doing most of the boats for members of the Everett Yacht Club, but the number I called said it was not working any more.
                  I would not be put off by that. Their boat and RV carpet installer is really good and the price to do my boat was very reasonable. They did not even charge me extra to go to Anacortes three times: once to measure and twice during the install.

Their name is a misnomer, because they do not deal that much in remnants.
                  Anacortes, WA

Comment

Pat, I’m in Gulf Shores for another month but I can get you the info on the guy we used when I get back home.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Joe View Post
                      Pat, I’m in Gulf Shores for another month but I can get you the info on the guy we used when I get back home.

Rick
                      Thanks Rick, Appreciate that. I know you gave me the info once before some time ago, but for the life of me, I can't find it.
                      Patrick and Patti
                      4588 Pilothouse 1991
                      12ft Endeavor RIB 2013
                      M/V "Paloma"
                      MMSI # 338142921

Comment

Originally posted by Norton_Rider View Post

I would not be put off by that. Their boat and RV carpet installer is really good and the price to do my boat was very reasonable. They did not even charge me extra to go to Anacortes three times: once to measure and twice during the install.

Their name is a misnomer, because they do not deal that much in remnants.
                        I will give them the opportunity to bid on the job.
                        Patrick and Patti
                        4588 Pilothouse 1991
                        12ft Endeavor RIB 2013
                        M/V "Paloma"
                        MMSI # 338142921

Comment

Originally posted by Papa_Charlie View Post

I will give them the opportunity to bid on the job.
                          You're welcome to come look at my boat in Anacortes if you want to see an example of their work. PM me if interested.
                          Anacortes, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Norton_Rider View Post

You're welcome to come look at my boat in Anacortes if you want to see an example of their work. PM me if interested.
                            Thanks, I may just do that if their price comes in reasonable compared to the guys that Rick used. Much appreciated.
                            Patrick and Patti
                            4588 Pilothouse 1991
                            12ft Endeavor RIB 2013
                            M/V "Paloma"
                            MMSI # 338142921

Comment

Working...
                            X