• Show
Clear All

• ksanders
    replied
    Yippee!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• courtjester
    replied
    Swantown it will be then. thanks for the positive comments.

On a far far more important topic, We took possession of Satisfaction this morning.!!!!. Keys and all. New to us 1994 4788. The previous owners met us there, went over a number of things and took the last of their things off the boat. I felt a bit bad for them. They obviously loved the boat and hated parting with her.

Lots of stuff to do, but right now, in order of importance, 1 haul out for paint, zincs, tuning the props and shaft seals. 2 replace some water intake hoses for the mains and generator 3 deal with the bow pulpit. It has some cracking and I might as well tackle the process of shortening it now.4.install the center salon hatch. I have a ton of questions for those experienced with this boat, but will start another thread on that. We are so excited, I forgot to take pictures. But trust me, it looks a whole lot like everyone else's 1994 4788. At least for the time being, we'll keep her in the same place she has been, under cover at the Duwamish Yacht Club and keep the name Satisfaction.

Toni & Sara

Leave a comment:

• ketadog
    replied
    +1 on Swantown Boatworks. Just had my 3270 hauled out last week for bottom paint and it is back in the water as of Friday....

Keith

Leave a comment:

• cappy
    replied
    Swantown boat works haul out is great.... Ive used them several times during buying/selling deals.... I keep out boat here at swantown also. new fuel dock also.

Leave a comment:

• guntar
    commented on 's reply
    Scott Summers, Summers Yacht Service, works out of the Qly area and is top notch for Yacht service and repair. Highly recommend him.

• courtjester
    replied
    Originally posted by drewhaas View Post
    Try Gig Harbor Marine. I know they allowed owners to work in the past but I also know they’ve changed ownership too.
    Its also a great cruise from Seattle and if you haven’t met Gig Harbor and Tides Tavern then you need to.
    Talk to Chris the yard manager.
    Thanks Drew, but no love at Gig Harbor. I've had my Camano out there twice and although they allow vendors in, they don't want you doing your own work. I think I managed to sneak some zincs on, but that's about it. Nice folks though and I wouldn't hesitate using them again.

toni

Leave a comment:

• drewhaas
    replied
    Try Gig Harbor Marine. I know they allowed owners to work in the past but I also know they’ve changed ownership too.
    Its also a great cruise from Seattle and if you haven’t met Gig Harbor and Tides Tavern then you need to.
    Talk to Chris the yard manager.

Leave a comment:

• courtjester
    replied
    thank you all. Did get the harsh news from the insurance company that the policy is going to cost quite a bit more than originally quoted. Grrr. But still, if that's the worst that can happen, not a huge deal. The underwriters insisted that some of the issues pointed out in the survey get fixed sooner rather than later. You know...the ones that can let water in, like shaft seals or water intakes. Not an unreasonable request.

Anyone here ever hauled their boat at Swantown boatworks in Oly? I've always used Hylebos in Tacoma when doing my own work, but it would be nice to use someone else, perhaps a bit more "personable".. Plus, its a closer drive from my house. Plus, Olympia is a nice cruise from Seattle where the boat is. Plus, I can still do my own work AND have one of their vendors do the bottom sanding, which I HATE. Any experiences would be helpful. Or, if there is a yard up towards seattle that allows you to do your own work, that would be nice to know.

thanks

toni

Leave a comment:

• Jim_Gandee
    replied
    Well done Toni! 👍

Leave a comment:

• Jeffw
    replied
    Good for you Toni!

Leave a comment:

• Pcpete
    replied
    Congratulations! I’m looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Leave a comment:

• ksanders
    replied
    Originally posted by courtjester View Post
    Ok, onwards and upwards. Some time on the phone and we have an agreement. Seller is doing a few items and we agreed on a price that leaves us both smiling. So Kevin, you don't owe me a beer, but an exchange of a couple would be a good thing.

Everything goes right and keys and checks will be exchanged by sometime this weekend and we'll have two boats. Know anyone looking for a Camano Troll and boat house??? I'll post some photos once we're the owners.
    toni
    Congratulations!!!

You are going to love the 4788!!!

Leave a comment:

• Bacon
    replied
    Congratulations! I have enjoyed following your search and purchase.

Leave a comment:

• courtjester
    replied
    Ok, onwards and upwards. Some time on the phone and we have an agreement. Seller is doing a few items and we agreed on a price that leaves us both smiling. So Kevin, you don't owe me a beer, but an exchange of a couple would be a good thing.

Everything goes right and keys and checks will be exchanged by sometime this weekend and we'll have two boats. Know anyone looking for a Camano Troll and boat house??? I'll post some photos once we're the owners.
    toni

Leave a comment:

• boatworkfl
    replied
    Originally posted by Jmason View Post
    Suggest you negotiate to have PSS, blisters & bottom paint done while up in yard during survey if you are committed. When the yard pulls the shafts to do the PSS they’ll probably suggest trying the shafts, zincs etc. These are negotiation points for sure.
    Check cutlass bearings on the struts.
    One way is to slide the bearing on and push the old one up and then cut it off, unless the installer has the tools to push the old one out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X