32xx V-Berth Door Modification Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32xx V-Berth Door Modification Question

Has anyone added a door or anything other than the curtain for privacy in the v-berth? It's a great space and would be a fun modification.
    "FOG 1"
    1989 Bayliner 3288
    Twin 305s
    Kenmore, WA

One of the differences between the Georgia built and Arlington built 32's is the bathroom door. My 1994 Georgia built 32 door opened to become the closed door to the V. You could modify to do the same.
    1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

I used one side of a bistro swing door. Needed to trim a little off the side to fit. Mounted the door to the port side and then used magnets on opposite wall with one on the door to help keeper closed. Also put latch on port side to latch open if needed. Stained to match. Don’t have pix now but next time at boat I will take a few and post.

Comment

I found this example.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VberthDoor.jpeg
Views:	168
Size:	132.4 KB
ID:	557282Click image for larger version

Name:	VBerth.jpeg
Views:	153
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	557283

Here is a link to the full listing. Beautiful boat! Maybe bought by someone here on the BOC!

https://georgianbayyachtsales.com/bo...ing.php?id=602
        "FOG 1"
        1989 Bayliner 3288
        Twin 305s
        Kenmore, WA

Comment

My 3270 came with an accordion style door that draws across the doorway. Don't know if it is factory original.
          1980 Bayliner 3270 "Goose Bumps"
          Twin 4.3 V6
          Located Blaine Wa.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle_Bob View Post
            One of the differences between the Georgia built and Arlington built 32's is the bathroom door. My 1994 Georgia built 32 door opened to become the closed door to the V. You could modify to do the same.
            My '89 Georgia built 3270 has this feature as well. $5 at the hardware store and five minutes work gets you an added friction catch that keeps the door held in the open position, which is the closed position for the v-berth.

Now if I could just figure out where to put a kitchen garbage can that didn't get kicked over all the time....

Comment

I built a thin door that doesn't go all the way down to the floor, to get air circulation.
              https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCqjF-BlXT8PajKWGmDYJNVw

Comment

Trackcan solusion.
                https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCqjF-BlXT8PajKWGmDYJNVw

Comment

Thank you all for your input and info! The BOC is a good place. If you all get a chance, post a picture of your v-berth door setup!
                I was just curious, does anyone know what other differences the Georgia vs Washington 32s had?
                "FOG 1"
                1989 Bayliner 3288
                Twin 305s
                Kenmore, WA

Comment

Here are a couple of pictures of the swing doors.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X