venetian blinds 4588

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

venetian blinds 4588

Has anyone with a 45 Bayliner figured out how to keep the venetian blinds on the side windows tight when in the closed position not sure what was original
    now they have magnets at the bottom that do not work

The original blinds. Mini Blinds 1" and had metal tabs that screwed to fiberglass next to window frame and end of blind fit into them..hope this makes sense.
    On our 45 we made a "U" shaped channel following the angles of the window frame,so you have three of them the middle frame being a double. Blinds are 2" and ride inside the angled track....pictures would be better to show you,however I can't post any at this time.
    Brad & Sharon
    Lady Jake
    1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
    LaConner,Wa. (summer)
    2003 Scout CC 24' W/225 Yamaha
    kailua Kona,Hi (Winter)

Comment

Thanks for that Brad & Sharon

Comment

There is a plastic clip for each end of the blind sections. The 1” metal blinds rotted over the years & I initially replaced with plastic faux wood 1” blinds. Easy enough to modify for the forward angle of the window frames but heavier.
        After getting fed up with the plastic blinds, I put up cellular blinds. Much, much lighter, easier to install, no rattle. I did not cut the forward angle but it is doable.
        1990 4588

Comment

We may go to cellular blinds but still have to anchor the bottom when down what did you use for that

Comment

• MerlinV
            MerlinV commented
            Editing a comment
            Cellular shades do have some good features, but the major downside is that they are either up or down. When at a dock you have either zero privacy or no view at all, and when you are anchored in the summer you choose between no view and glaring sunshine.

Pleated cellular shades were standard on our 5788, but after 2 or 3 years we switched to Venetian blinds to give us versatility and the ability to create shade or privacy without shutting out the daylight. In fairness, our blinds hang straight down and don’t have the hassle of locking the bottom bar to follow the shape of the window frame.

The cell blinds use a similar clip to secure the bottom. We rarely secure the bottom as the hang just fine. The cells are so much lighter and low profile that the easily mount up under the valance & disappear into the valance when raised. They can be pulled up or down to any position. They are available in blackout or translucent. We opted for translucent.
          1990 4588

Comment

Brad’s idea is the way to go. I still have photos of his excellent installation from a few years ago, unfortunately, they are at home, so I can’t post until tomorrow morning.
            Rob
            Bayliner 5788
            'Merlin V'
            Vancouver BC

Comment

Here are the pictures of Brad's 4588 Venetian Blind guides
              Attached Files
              Rob
              Bayliner 5788
              'Merlin V'
              Vancouver BC

Comment

Here is my solution to holding my block out blinds. New and old...

Good luck.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0091.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	3.18 MB
ID:	556891Click image for larger version

Name:	Old.JPG
Views:	250
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	556892
                1992 4588 Twin 250 hp WO6-TI Hino
                12.5 kw Northern Light OM843NW2
                MMSI# 367650430
                FCC Call sign WDH 7669

Comment

Thanks for the pictures I like the guide installation

Comment

Hi Rob

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Happyour
                    If your in LaConner area or when we go North this summer your welcome to stop by and take a look,it's not that hard to do just helps when you can see it up close like any project.
                    Brad & Sharon
                    Lady Jake
                    LaConner,Wa. (summer)
                    kailua Kona,Hi (Winter)

Comment

I found the blinds to be a real PITA. I replaced them with thermal curtains. I installed continuous runners top and bottom.

Name:	IMG_20191027_135612.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	3.00 MB
ID:	556920

Name:	IMG_20191027_135937.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	556921
                      Irony
                      1989 Bayliner 4588 - EH700TI
                      Portsmouth, NH

Comment

Brad,
                        I am intrigued by your guide idea! Are your blinds relatively easy to raise and lower? I don’t see any strings handing down. Do you raise and lower them just by lifting them up and pulling them down? Who built your blinds?
                        Steve
                        2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
                        12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
                        MV Kia Orana
                        Currently Enjoying the PNW

Comment

Yes very easy and there are strings,to raise and lower while in the track and a twist rod to open close blinds. When blinds are totally raised they are hidden up under the valence. I don't remember the blind manufacturer and they have sense gone out of business,as for the track myself and a friend designed and installed it,a big plus he owns and Interior design shop. We did modify the blinds slightly. It had 4 strings in it one on each end and two in the middle we removed one of the middle strings to help with ease to pivot blinds closing opening them. .....Hope this helps..Brad
                          Brad & Sharon
                          Lady Jake
                          LaConner,Wa. (summer)
                          kailua Kona,Hi (Winter)

Comment

Thanks Brad! I would like to connect up and take a look at yours sometime. We will be back up in your area in May for the summer.
                            Steve
                            2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
                            12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
                            MV Kia Orana
                            Currently Enjoying the PNW

Comment

Working...
                            X