38XX Windshield Wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

38XX Windshield Wipers

Does anyone know how to remove the saddle that is attached to the steel wiper blade holder? I’ve tried WD40 without luck. The nut, or whatever it is that is attached to the bolt, is fused tight. It’s also so narrow that I can’t grab hold of it with anything to try and unscrew the bolt.

Barring removing the bolt does anyone know where I could source a new blade complete with the saddle, or even retrofit with some other idea?

The first mistake was using WD-40. You need something that really works. PB Blaster would be a minimum product but the best is called Kroil by Kano Labs and you can get it on line with a Google. Even better than just plain Kroil is called Sili-Kroil which has silicone in it to provide lube in addition to penetration capabilities.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=silikroil...l_926qic6r31_e
    Future 4788 Owner
    Charleston, S.C.

Comment

Soak in some good penetrant as suggested by sportscar. The clamp the saddle in a vice, not terribly tight, just to prevent twisting. Using the closed end of a combination wrench or a good socket attempt to loosen. Use a steady pressure until it breaks free. If reasonable pressure fails to loosen I’d suggest you heat the unit with a propane torch then reattempt.
      Jim Gandee
      1989 3888
      Hino 175's
      Fire Escape
      [email protected]

Comment

Working...
      X