Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone successfully replaced the 4788 pilothouse dimmer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone successfully replaced the 4788 pilothouse dimmer?

When I replaced all the halogen bulbs with LEDs I needed to replace the rotary dimmer. I have now tried two different 3-wire dimmers that supposedly support LEDs with no success. Can anybody suggest a source and advise on the (re)wiring of the new dimmer?
    Patti & Gordon Lewandowski
    Sammamish WA
    1998 4788 (April 2018)
    ”Knot Home”
    MMSI 368040370

Gordon, when I replaced my salon halogens with leds (also controlled with the dimmer) someone suggested I leave the first halogen in the line and change out the others. The leds I used were not specific dimmable leds, but every thing works as it should without changing out the dimmer. Hope this helps.

Cheers
    John H
    Brisbane QLD Aust
    "Harbor-nating"

2000 - 4788/Cummins 370's

Comment

Yes; I installed this switch (amazon.com) in salon and pilot house. Works great. Radio noise seems negligible.

Leisure Lectronics 12 Volt PWM Light Dimmer Switch, 12V LED & Incandescent - Boat, RV, Car
      1997 4788 with Cummins 5.9 (315 hp)
      12 ft Rendova with 40 hp Merc 4 cycle
      Pacific NW

Comment

• Knothome4788
        Knothome4788 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ordered one for the pilothouse. Thanks! I think I accidentally left one halogen bulb in the salon so the stock dimmer works - kinda sorta (only dims a little then turns off). If I replaced the salon switch I’d be looking at some sort of jerry-rigged filler for the rocker. What did you do in the salon?
    Working...
    X