Galley water pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galley water pressure

On dockside water, water pressure at the galley sink fixture is very low or restricted. The flow in the bathroom sinks an shower is acceptable. Even the bar sink fixture pressure is better. (It has no aerator screen on the spigot)
    I cleaned the screen at the pressure regulator inlet. Cleaned the screens on the galley sink fixture w TSP where the sprayer connects. The water flow at the sprayer hose is weak even after the screen cleaning. Once the sprayer is attached, the water flow remains weak.
    Am I missing a screen screen, filter, or some other restriction?
    1990 4588

For a quick test try the other shore water inlet??
    Brad & Sharon
    Lady Jake
    1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
    LaConner,Wa. (summer)
    2003 Scout CC 24' W/225 Yamaha
    kailua Kona,Hi (Winter)

Comment

What’s the water flow/pressure at the galley tap with the aerator screens removed?
      Jim Gandee
      1989 3888
      Hino 175's
      Fire Escape
      [email protected]

Comment

Wait, you mentioned when on shore water.

What about when you run off of tank water?

KEVIN SANDERS
        4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
        where are we right now​​​​​​???​

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/...j23OquWOj2N3Xe

Comment

Originally posted by brad4550 View Post
          For a quick test try the other shore water inlet??
          Good point, pressure regulators are designed to fail to zero pressure. Try the other one as a comparison.
          "Adios Dinero"
          1997 3988 with new 330 Cummins
          Photo Credit: Whiskywizard

Comment

Water pressure with screen and aerator removed is not great but better.
            The Water Pressure Reg was replace 3 months ago. Inlet screen looked good on inspection.
            The fresh water VFLO 5.0 DC pump is not functional. I have the replacement in the box on the salon floor getting around to install.
            The is a large blue water filter which is inline with the tank and shore water line. Never opened & replaced in past years

Comment

• brad4550
              brad4550 commented
              Editing a comment
              If it is a filter just remove the filter and reinstall the cartridge if it's a cartridge type. A pic would help.

Dirty Filter will cause this....as brad shared, remove filter and see what happens. also there should be a screen before your pump (I understand it is not working) but have clean out that filter screen? Just thinking that might be part of the issue as well.
            Mark
            USCG OUPV
            1990 4588
            Carlsbad, CA

Comment

Replaced dc water pump and screen filter. Replaced large filter cartridge. 12v water pressure at all taps BUT galley sink good.
              Switched dockside water to stb side but no improvement. Cleaned the aerator and screw/hose bib on galley. Still a dribble.
              Just can’t figure out the problem. Now ready to either replace galley fixture or aerator. Worse cast scenario, I can return new one to Lowe’s.

Comment

Does the low flow happen with both the hot and cold sides of the faucet? Is this a single lever faucet or a two valve faucet?

Greg
                Newport, Oregon
                South Beach Marina
                1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
                Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
                Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

My 1995 4788 is the same. We use dock water at our home slip all the time. The galley sink has always had lower pressure than the rest of the facets.
                  This is only on shore water, when on the pump it has better pressure.
                  The fresh water schematic in the manual shows no obstructions other than T fittings.

I'm wondering if most people just don't use the dock water connection on a regular basis, so its not noticed.

Chris

Comment

The DC water pump has now been replaced with little to no improvement.
                    The fixture is a Moen single level.
                    Problem presists on cold, mix, or hot.
                    Another thread indicated that the Moen
                    is a problematic fixture.
                    Plane on picking up a new fixture today from Lowe’s. If it works, great. If not, Lowe’s will take back. May even look at another product.

Comment

That’s Moen single lever spray head fixture

Comment

We had a similar problem with our Moen single lever kitchen faucet at home. Took it apart and cleaned debris out of the ball passages, reassembled and all worked like new.

Greg
                        Newport, Oregon
                        South Beach Marina
                        1986 3270 with twin 110 HP Hino diesels. Name of boat "Mr. Darcy"
                        Past work history: Prototyping, tooling, and repair for Reinell,. General fiberglass boat repair starting in 1976.
                        Also worked as heavy equipment mechanic, and machinery mechanic for over 30 years.

Comment

I bought an identical fixture & read the manual on trouble shooting. Turns out there is another filter screen at the quick connect where the sprayer connects under the counter.
                          Hopefully, I’ll get to it tomorrow.

Comment

The fixture was a Lowe’s brand product and when I replaced the disconnect/screen component, water pressure was solved! The obstruction was calcium in the quick connector. Solved!!
                            then the (one year old)new hot water tank elbow started leaking and was not noticed until the bilge kept cycling.
                            Plastic thread piece deformed and blew off. Fixed!!
                            then a second plastic component starter leaking!
                            replaced all with brass components.
                            1990 4588

Comment

Working...
                            X