No announcement yet.

Boat Insurance -- Who do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets dance! 2008 Meridian 341, yacht policy, $205k agreed value, diminishing deductible, down to zero after 6 years. No claims, with Norman-Spencer. $1000/year, up $45/year after 6 years.
    Tally and Vicki
    "Wickus" Meridian 341
    MMSI 338014939

Comment

Novamar. No complaints. Quick responses to inquiries and while prices have gone up a bit, they were very competitive at last search

joe
      Lucky Liner ll
      2001 5288
      Joe
      2001 5288
      Lucky Liner ll

Comment

We have Safeco, who also has our cars and homeowners. Been with the same broker for years, and managed to get the survey waived. I forget the numbers, will post them when I find them. Probably a good time to review our coverage.
        Glen Sherwood
        1987 3270 twin 305’s
        Coupeville, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Gsherwood View Post
          We have Safeco, who also has our cars and homeowners. Been with the same broker for years, and managed to get the survey waived. I forget the numbers, will post them when I find them. Probably a good time to review our coverage.
          Safeco has both agreed value policies and actual cash value policies, so reviewing your current coverages is a very wise thing. Let me know if I can help.
          Pete
          Marine Insurance Guru
          1989 PT52 Cockpit Yachtfisher

Comment

Originally posted by talman View Post
            Lets dance! 2008 Meridian 341, yacht policy, $205k agreed value, diminishing deductible, down to zero after 6 years. No claims, with Norman-Spencer. $1000/year, up $45/year after 6 years.
            I’m in!

I’ll need a few more bits of information so I can give you a true apples to apples comparison- I’ll PM you.

pete
            Pete
            Marine Insurance Guru

Comment

So I am huge fan of agreed value, YACHT polices vs a boat policy. The Yacht polices (yes I have actually read them) cover a lot more and have agreed value if there is a total loss. Most do NOT depreciate for loss. We had Davit failure. They end up replacing the davit with a new one. We upgraded wanted to better quality davit, but they gave us the value of what it would cost to replace like for like and we paid for the upgrade which was fair in my eyes. NO DEPRECIATION for 20+ year old davit.
              Statefarm, geico, etc are great for smaller trailer like boats (have that as well) but for larger boats I highly suggest an Agreed value. Ever time I do a major upgrade I send in the costs and up my value, the increase in insurance cost in minimal and I have piece of mind that should I ahve total loss I am covered, no arguing, no depreciation schedules.
              Travlers is who we are with currently...Ace Marine is another we have had and has great coverage. Insurance is truly you get what you pay for, if read and understand what you getting/paying for. DO NOT ASSUME, I paid for insurance there for I have coverage....NOT THE CASE with Boats or RV's....
              Mark
              USCG OUPV
              1990 4588
              Carlsbad, CA

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny_4588 View Post
                So I am huge fan of agreed value, YACHT polices vs a boat policy. The Yacht polices (yes I have actually read them) cover a lot more and have agreed value if there is a total loss. Most do NOT depreciate for loss. We had Davit failure. They end up replacing the davit with a new one. We upgraded wanted to better quality davit, but they gave us the value of what it would cost to replace like for like and we paid for the upgrade which was fair in my eyes. NO DEPRECIATION for 20+ year old davit.
                Statefarm, geico, etc are great for smaller trailer like boats (have that as well) but for larger boats I highly suggest an Agreed value. Ever time I do a major upgrade I send in the costs and up my value, the increase in insurance cost in minimal and I have piece of mind that should I ahve total loss I am covered, no arguing, no depreciation schedules.
                Travlers is who we are with currently...Ace Marine is another we have had and has great coverage. Insurance is truly you get what you pay for, if read and understand what you getting/paying for. DO NOT ASSUME, I paid for insurance there for I have coverage....NOT THE CASE with Boats or RV's....
                Well put, sir! I’ve been preaching this for almost 20 years - especially the 3 most important words:

READ YOUR POLICY.
                Pete
                Marine Insurance Guru

Comment

As stated earlier we started with GEICO who used Ski Safe as an underwriter at the time. Still with them (Ski Safe) but did check with GEICO who currently underwrites via Boat US. Think I'll be switching. While the SS policy is cheaper than the GEICO quote, the GEICO quote is agreed value, and the Boat US towing pkg is included. That way i drop the current Boat US tow package i have and considering that $180.00 annual boat bucks savings I actually come out saving about $80.00 a year for better coverage.

1998 BL Ciera 2655 Sunbridge LX (Special Edition)
                  "Sea Flights"
                  5.7L 2bbl w/Thunderbolt Ignition and raw water cooling
                  A​​​​​​lpha I Gen II Sterndrive/1.45:1 gears
                  M15.25 X 15P Black Max prop
                  MFG Extra's - A/C, Fresh Water Engine Flush port, HWH and Windlass
                  Docks @ Punta Gorda, Florida

Comment

Working...
                  X