Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what a head pump circuit is on a 4788?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what a head pump circuit is on a 4788?

I have been relabeling several breakers to be more meaningful in the power panel. A number of generic “accessory “ labels don’t help much. Several are not connected to anything I labeled them “Inop” and a few have always bewildered me but I have sorted most of them out.

My DC panel side Accessory #2 circuit has a brown and white stripe wire tagged “Head Pump” running into one of the large wire bundles into the boat. Can’t find anything it is switching on or off. Anyone have an idea what it’s for?

It’s not the aft head shower sump, not the master head bath sump and not running the Vacuflush pumps.

4788 PH 2001, Cummins 370's

Exploring the Salish Sea

macerator pump?

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
    where are we right now​​​​​​???​

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/...j23OquWOj2N3Xe

Comment

Interesting. My DC #2 ACC CB powers the fwd head sump and the head raw water pump. I don't know anything about vacuflush, but I wonder if your label refers to original head raw water pump, and vacuflush installation takes power from somewhere else?
      Steve Taylor
      2000 Bayliner 4788
      Nighthawk I
      New Bern, NC

Comment

Originally posted by spt7566 View Post
        Interesting. My DC #2 ACC CB powers the fwd head sump and the head raw water pump. I don't know anything about vacuflush, but I wonder if your label refers to original head raw water pump, and vacuflush installation takes power from somewhere else?
        Does your head use raw water? That may be the circuit and it’s not being used, but wires must be run for it. All my heads are on fresh water and pull from the house water pressure pump. My fwd head sump has its own dedicated circuit breaker.

if you have a head raw water pump where is it located? I would like to trace the circuit down even if it is unused. It may be something I can leverage in the future if I know where it goes.

Exploring the Salish Sea

Comment

• spt7566
          spt7566 commented
          Editing a comment
          My head raw water pump is behind the sliding glass window in the hallway. There is a through hull and sea cock right next to the pump.

Does your vacuflush use fresh water or salt? Mine use fresh, but I’ve heard that some use salt, so there may be a salt water pump or there had been a salt water pump in there somewhere that might have got pulled out or switched to fresh. just a thought.

cheers
        John H
        Brisbane QLD Aust
        "Harbor-nating"

2000 - 4788/Cummins 370's

Comment

Knott Happy, great minds think alike. You must have been quicker to the draw
          John H
          Brisbane QLD Aust
          "Harbor-nating"

2000 - 4788/Cummins 370's

Comment

Well, 5 seasons with our boat and it still holds secrets and surprises, Bayliner made quite a few less than obvious options and configurations. This season I learned some of us have 50 amp plugs to Shore power 3 and now I learn that some of us have raw water heads.

Thanks for the responses, I will investigate further when we get back to home port.

Clearly Bayliner had persons like me in mind as owners of these wonderful vessels, along with enjoying the waters we cruise I get to solve mysteries, go on treasure hunts, practices gymnastics / yoga, solve complex puzzles (think power panel on that one) and exercise my brain deciphering strange hieroglyphics in the documents.

I honestly do like tinkering so it is fun for me,

Exploring the Salish Sea

Comment

• rbcooper
              rbcooper commented
              Editing a comment
              Knot Happy,
              "Clearly Bayliner had persons like me in mind as owners of these wonderful vessels, along with enjoying the waters we cruise I get to solve mysteries, go on treasure hunts, practices gymnastics / yoga, solve complex puzzles (think power panel on that one) and exercise my brain deciphering strange hieroglyphics in the documents."

Many boaters of many different types and ages of boats would agree with you that just "messing about in boats" is enjoyable. This is my hobby and keeps me engaged and moving about. Thanks for the well phrased way of capturing that thought.

RB Cooper
          Working...
          X