AC water

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC water

Turned on the AC, water was coming out of the outlets. Air was slightly cool. I noticed the aft AC ( did not check the bow ) had wet carpet at the right side of the condenser (fins ) portion. Floor was wet there under the tray and leaked down to the lower floor area. The drain pan was bone dry. Seeking a possible cause.
    Raymond 14
    1997 3388ES
    twin merc 350 inboards

There are two possible sources of the water. The cooling water circuit may have a leak in it or the condensation water can be prevented from collecting in the drain pan and going through the drain hose. l If you are in salt water you might try tasting the water, if it is salty its the cooling water circuit. If you are getting very much water through the outlets I would put my money on a leak in the cooling water circuit at the AC unit itself.
    Tony Bacon,
    Washougal, WA
    Caspian
    1997 3788 Twin Cummins 250hp

Comment

• Raymond14
      Raymond14 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for you help. Will check

Raymond, how old is the AC unit, and does it have a steel tray base or polypropylene?? One of my original Cruisair units steel base had rusted out, unseen and the condensate leaking had me stumped for a while. While Tony’s probably right, run it and see. You may have to undo the hold down clips and raise it a 1/4” or so with temporary chocks.

Cheers
    John H
    Brisbane QLD Aust
    "Harbor-nating"

2000 - 4788/Cummins 370's

Comment

Thanks. The unit is a 97 I believe. t is a metal tray, it is dry and the color of dried rust. I will check for leaks once I remove the wall panel cover all but the very front of the unit.
      Raymond 14
      1997 3388ES
      twin merc 350 inboards

Comment

Working...
      X