New Flybridge Seating 38xx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Flybridge Seating 38xx

After 31 years it was time for the old seating to go. Spent way too much analyzing which brand of pontoon seating to go with but finally settled on purchasing Wise pontoons from Overtons. At first the discount was 15% but right at the new year (and now) they had 30% off and free shipping. Plastic bases.

Wanted to maximize seating so I have a 45" bench and a lean-back on the port side, 50" with 25" corner and and a 27" bench. Seats are taller than original and after this weekend when I actually had my kids come up to join me they give the seal of approval.

Very happy with the install.

Sean
    1987 3870
    Crimson Pride II
    Past Commodore Mukilteo Yacht Club
    MMSI: 338080226

Looks fantastic! Thanks for the measurements. Did you anchor directly to the floor or did you use small pieces of starboard to get the base off the floor? Do you have pictures of the interior storage? Also for theis combination how much was the total cost I like the cup holders on the port side. Arre they a separaate piece and how do they attach? Thanks. Looking to do the same this summer.
    Charles
    '89 3870 M/Y
    Located on Galveston Bay
    Prior boat '85 300SB Sea Ray
    Lost in Hurricane IKE

Comment

Originally posted by PortHoleDiver View Post
      Looks fantastic! Thanks for the measurements. Did you anchor directly to the floor or did you use small pieces of starboard to get the base off the floor? Do you have pictures of the interior storage? Also for theis combination how much was the total cost I like the cup holders on the port side. Arre they a separate piece and how do they attach? Thanks. Looking to do the same this summer.
      After removing the existing seating I filled all the holes with resin and can top off with gelcoat if the seats are ever removed. I did have to shim the back edge of the starboard seats 3/4" due the curvature. I saved money and found a PVC 2x2 trimplank that I ripped down to 3/4" and other thicknesses to shim with. After drilling holes I used a resin injector to fill the hole with 4200 and then secured with stainless screws. Only four along the front of the large benches. The lean back is secured with four screws and then two more with fender washers to the bench base.

The bases only have the outside edges and some areas in the middle touching the floor. Drain holes are already in the seat boxes. Don't have a picture of the corner storage but it is there.

Cup-holders are part of the lean back. Going to order the separate two cup-holder for the starboard side as there are none on that side other than the helm.

Total cost in January was $1700 delivered.
      Sean
      1987 3870
      Crimson Pride II

Comment

Hey SunnyDude, on line right now in Overtons web page and they don't list any Wise Pontoon furniture. I am ready to place the order and can't find the correct furniture. They have Dock mate but their sizes are a little to big when compared to yours. Can you send a link or contact me and Help me get this done. Thanks
        Charles
        '89 3870 M/Y
        Located on Galveston Bay
        Lost in Hurricane IKE

Comment

• Sunnydude
          Sunnydude commented
          Editing a comment
          I have an email into the vendor. On their site they call it Toonmate but now they don't have the individual pieces listed. They have been quick to answer any questions of mine so I will find out soon for you.

• Sunnydude
          Sunnydude commented
          Editing a comment
          Charles...just spoke to the person helping me. Although they are Wise manufactured seats, on their website they are Toonmate. They are still available as they will drop ship from Wise. Please call Matt Morris at 252.917.6480 (main number and ask for him). He is aware you will be calling! Good luck!

• Sunnydude
          Sunnydude commented
          Editing a comment
          I just received a code for 35% off from Overtons. FLASH35

I really like the lounger.
        "Martini's Law"
        1986 Bayliner 3270, 110 Hino's
        Nova Scotia, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by diveguy View Post
          I really like the lounger.
          It has been the seat of choice for the family!
          Sean
          1987 3870
          Crimson Pride II

Comment

They look fantastic, would love to get them for my boat as mine are looking pretty tired, but the cost of getting them delivered to Sydney, Australia makes it really expensive.
            Hugh
            1990 3888
            Hino 175 Diesels

Comment

Your new flybridge seating looks wonderful, thanks for posting the pics and contact info, I am going to put the same thing furniture in my flybridge. As a comparison what did the new flybridge furniture weigh compare to the old?

Grego

Comment

Originally posted by Grego View Post
                Your new flybridge seating looks wonderful, thanks for posting the pics and contact info, I am going to put the same thing furniture in my flybridge. As a comparison what did the new flybridge furniture weigh compare to the old?

Grego
                I don’t have a direct comparison. I would say about the same. The starboard original base is one piece.
                Sean
                1987 3870
                Crimson Pride II

Comment

Darn it Sunny, if the Admiral sees what you did I’ll have to change my to do priority list.
                  P/C Pete
                  Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
                  1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
                  Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
                  1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
                  MMSI 367770440
                  1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
                  Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

Originally posted by Pcpete View Post
                    Darn it Sunny, if the Admiral sees what you did I’ll have to change my to do priority list.
                    Sorry Pete! Once you make the improvement you will wonder why it wasn't a priority.
                    Sean
                    1987 3870
                    Crimson Pride II

Comment

Thank you Sunnydude! I have been overthinking this project for too long. I called Matt at Overtons and he hooked me up with a very similar setup for 1760.00. he said it will take about 3 weeks for delivery.

Grego

Comment

Originally posted by Grego View Post
                        Thank you Sunnydude! I have been overthinking this project for too long. I called Matt at Overtons and he hooked me up with a very similar setup for 1760.00. he said it will take about 3 weeks for delivery.

Grego
                        Excellent!
                        Sean
                        1987 3870
                        Crimson Pride II

Comment

I got vinyl samples in today. When I called last week Matt was out but Bob sent samples. I will be calling Matt to order Monday. Grego, did they give you the % off Sunnydude was talking about? Sunnydude how many boxes did they come in. Would they fit in standard pickup bed. I have to haul mine 30 miles to the boat.
                          Charles
                          '89 3870 M/Y
                          Located on Galveston Bay
                          Lost in Hurricane IKE

Comment

PHD, Yes the price was after the discount was applied and this included a new helm seat.
                            Sunnydude, I would like to make a shim kit to make the install quick and easy, What do the shims look like, is it a 2X2 block 3/4 inches thick? or should i make a strip that is the same length as the base for the back side of the seats? I plan to make my shims from some sort of plastic.

Grego

Comment

Working...
                            X