32xx Fresh Water Tank Dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32xx Fresh Water Tank Dimensions

I suspect my fresh water tank is leaking and I’m researching replacement tanks. Does anyone know the dimensions of the original water tank (I can’t get to the boat right now to measure the existing tank)? Has anyone replaced the metal tank with a plastic tank (Ronco or ....)?
    Dick
    Cheers
    Oceanside
    1987 3218 w/ 150 Hinos

Yes there is a plastic replacement that others have used and hopefully someone will chime in. I replaced mine with a 200 Litre flexible bladder tank made by Plastimo. I'm on my 6th season with it.
    "Martini's Law"
    1986 Bayliner 3270, 110 Hino's
    Nova Scotia, Canada

Comment

I' believe "Coastline Equipment " in Bellingham,Wa. Made the tanks Water/Fuel for Bayliner.......360-734-8509....They might still have it on file.
      Brad & Sharon
      Lady Jake
      1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
      LaConner,Wa. (summer)
      2003 Scout CC 24' W/225 Yamaha
      kailua Kona,Hi (Winter)

Comment

Ours is currently out, will measure tomorrow when at the boat, in meantime here’s the original MFG’s tag, in a 1988 3218.

Comment

• brad4550
          brad4550 commented
          Editing a comment
          Your 32 Bayliner most likely was built in Valdosta Georgia..OPU was built in Arlington Wa.

I don’t know off hand but I see you’re I. Oceanside. I got my tank for a great price at Ardemco in Costa Mesa and didn’t have to pay a couple hundred dollars in shipping. Dont remember dimensions off hand but it’s the same gallonage as old tank just a different size
        James
        Kai Nani, Redondo Beach, CA
        1989 MY 3288
        Hino 150hp with Hurth 630A Trannies

Comment

If I recall previous comments on this topic, the easiest way to replace is by cutting apart the original tank as it is very difficult (or impossible) to remove in one piece. 2 interconnected tanks then replace the original single tank. I believe the replacement tanks on my boat were built in Bellingham (possibly by Coastline).
          1980 Bayliner 3270 "Goose Bumps"
          Twin 4.3 V6
          Located Blaine Wa.

Comment

I guess it depends on the year. Some need to cut tank in half. Others have been able to remove whole tank through starboard window. I removed part of my ladder and the glass from lower berth and got whole tank out the master window. This allowed me to get a single 80 gallon tank as I was able to get it through the window.
            James
            1989 MY 3288

Comment

It should come out without having to cut it in half. I removed mine through the SB window. If I recall, I had to remove the sliding wood panel above the aft cabin as I needed those few extra inches to be able to hoist the tank up and standing vertically and then out the SB window. It's a two person job for sure.
              You may be able to find my post on the process but the pictures were lost.
              "Martini's Law"
              Nova Scotia, Canada

Comment

Just measured the tank is 8”h x 24”w x 90”l, however as was pointed out above tank was made in Florida so could be different from tanks Mfg. on West coast.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the replies. It sounds like the easiest way to get the old tank out is to cut it into manageable pieces. So the next question is: how does one get access to the plumbing fittings? From the pix I’ve seen the fittings are “hidden” at the forward end of the tank.
                  Dick
                  Cheers
                  Oceanside
                  1987 3218 w/ 150 Hinos

Comment

Yes the fittings are forward. Remember there will still be a few gallons of water in the tank. You need to lift the tank up to allow the water to drain forward and then turn on the pump. Cutting a hole in the top of the tank will give you a place to grab as well.
                    "Martini's Law"
                    Nova Scotia, Canada

Comment

You can slide the fridge out to access the from of the water tank. Remember if you want the same amount of gallons in your new water tank, it has to be able to fit through openings to get it in your boat. Otherwise you have to buy two small tanks and connect them.
                      James
                      1989 MY 3288

Comment

The original tank in our 3270 was leaking badly. We removed the ladder and aft berth window and slid the tank out in one piece. We then replaced the single with two 40 gallon polyproplylene tanks connected together to give us 80 gallons. The tanks were purchased at Ronco in Tustin. See the attached PDF with specs. The Ronco people melted the fittings into the tank at the desired locations at time of purchase. Just know where you want the fittings to go. Be sure to have an inspection port added to the top of the tank at the aft end of the aft tank so you can see the water level. The 8" diameter inspection port was added after pictures were taken. Pictures are at http://sealeopard.info/aftberth.htm Good luck.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X