Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TenMile
    replied
    I've not done the Hino pumps in the past, but I know the Cummins <Sherwood> is very difficult to rebuild. I believe you need a bearing press and a couple other specialty tools.

On my Cummins, the pumps need to be rebuilt every 3 seasons so what I've done is purchase a 3rd pump. I install it, and then get the old one rebuilt so I always have a working pump I can cycle through as needed.

Leave a comment:

• Happy_Friday
    replied
    Thanks Smitten, I'll give it an extra examination. The iPhone is a good suggestion

Leave a comment:

• Smitten
    replied
    Hey Friday, I was going through my spring, hose clamps and hoses check up and I saw a little streak of rust across my raw water pump. I stuck my iPhone down there and clicked a picture and could see from the photo the pump was cracked. I can't help you with the rebuild but if you need a pump, Marine Parts of Canada in Naniamo has one. Part # S161003042 for $396.58 CDN. They also have the special O-ring that fits between the pump and the block.

Leave a comment:

• Happy_Friday
    started a topic Raw water pump starting to sling a bit of water

Raw water pump starting to sling a bit of water

I noticed my port raw water pump was showing signs of water getting past the seal. Has anyone rebuilt theirs and is there much involved in the dismantle and reassembly?
Working...
X