Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove the 130 gallon water tank in the 4588 (our video)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to remove the 130 gallon water tank in the 4588 (our video)

We made a little video of the removal process:
    https://youtu.be/HV_2BF0se5Y

Nice video. I assume you will have the tank connections welded in with threaded inserts flush with the tanks top so you can screw 90 degree elbows after you get it installed.
    Too bad you had to totally disassemble the bed frame. My tank is the poly type and had been modified to allow for the bow thruster. Hope I never have to remove either of the two forward tanks.
    Nice video.
    Patrick and Patti
    4588 Pilothouse 1991
    12ft Endeavor RIB 2013
    M/V "Paloma"
    MMSI # 338142921

Comment

Thanks, yes I am having threaded inserts welded in. Worse part is that it is my second time removing it. Last year I used metal epoxy on a few spots and then it started leaking elsewhere.

Comment

Too bad you couldn't find a poly tank to replace the aluminum one. Good luck on your project.
        Patrick and Patti
        4588 Pilothouse 1991
        12ft Endeavor RIB 2013
        M/V "Paloma"
        MMSI # 338142921

Comment

I have switch to a water softener and used that the last five or so years, I am told that helps prolong the life of the aluminum tanks. here is one we use....
          Mark
          USCG OUPV
          1990 4588
          Carlsbad, CA

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny_4588 View Post
            I have switch to a water softener and used that the last five or so years, I am told that helps prolong the life of the aluminum tanks. here is one we use....
            Good idea, my parents have very hard water from their well and the faucets rust out prematurely.

Comment

Working...
            X