Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are some incredibly powerful photos!

I’m saving these to my personal album to reference down the road. Not that I’m ever going to do anything so massive, but these photos can be invaluable to owners.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
    where are we right now​​​​​​???​

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/...j23OquWOj2N3Xe

Comment

Thank you! I imagine some day these will be very helpful for many of us for various reasons.
      2000 Bayliner 4788 "Perfect Balance"
      370HP Cummins
      Zodiac YL 340 30HP Nissan
      Moored at Roche Harbor

Comment

I’m making this a sticky. That way it stays forever

KEVIN SANDERS
        4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
        where are we right now​​​​​​???​

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/...j23OquWOj2N3Xe

Comment

Wow! Please give us the back story on what precipitated this dramatic renovation. What a tremendous opportunity to run wire, hose, whole house vac, A/C, heat, whatever! If you weren’t satisfied with the water volume from shower/sinks now’s your time to run larger hose. Looking forward to progress pics!
          Jim Gandee
          1989 3888
          Hino 175's
          Fire Escape
          [email protected]

Comment

Gregor. When you said renovation, you are not mucking around. When do you think you'll have it finished?? Your pics are most appreciated.

Cheers
            John H
            Brisbane QLD Aust
            "Harbor-nating"

2000 - 4788/Cummins 370's

Comment

Gregor,
              Thank you very much for the pictures! I’m looking forward to monitoring your progress. I’ve had a fleeting dream to build my own boat some day and you are doing it!

One issue we had in some rough seas was seawater leaking around the front portholes when they were hit with waves. I subsequently learned it was due to the rough cutting of the hull and installation of the portholes themselves with minimal caulking by the factory. It will be easy for you to remedy with them exposed.

I put a 1” wide X 1/2” bead of 3m 4200 sealing the porthole frame to the hull. If water comes thru now, we’ve got “bigger” problems!

One other porthole issue worth addressing is the latch design. The chisel points tend to push the plexiglass windows away from the frame when tightened. I corrected this by grinding off the chisel points a bit. Now the latch presses against the frame and the plexiglass.
              2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
              12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
              MV Kia Orana
              Currently Alameda CA

Comment

As you are rebuilding, do not forget about weight distribution and vessel stability (G-M). Have fun, cannot wait to see what it will look like

Comment

Gregor,

This is a very timely post.
                  I’m just starting a major floor and sidewall mod in my salon. As well as installing a water maker.

Thank you for taking the time to share your photo’s.

Chris

Comment

You should do some videos and post them to you tube. That really helps. Slow pans and some detail close ups.
                    Guntar
                    1999 3988
                    Cummins 270s

Comment

Working...
                    X