2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
    12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
    MV Kia Orana
    Currently Alameda CA

Comment

Looks great.
      3988 Cummins

Comment

Wow. Great job! Did the centerline hatch exist prior to your work?
        Patti & Gordon Lewandowski
        Sammamish WA
        1998 4788 (April 2018)
        ”Knot Home”

Comment

Yes. Centerline hatch and port hatches were all added by prior owner. The ease of access is great. We removed the carpet and installed the Lonseal flooring. We are very happy with it.
          2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
          12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
          MV Kia Orana
          Currently Alameda CA

Comment

Just about ready for the installation to begin. Waiting on the flooring to arrive. New pieces for the stairs, while we were at it I removed and re configured the holding tank and removed the y valve that we cannot use. Installed a new holding tank monitor. In addition the landing/hall floor was replaced and reinforced. It was starting to feel a little spongy.

new wallpaper is being installed on the wall sections I removed. Going to look great really soon. Once we got some warm days it will he full speed ahead.

outside we had templates made for the cockpit and swim platform and will have raptor deck installed.

getting excited.
            3988 Cummins

Comment

Wow! We had a 199? 3988 for five years. Bought it new from Olympic Boat Center in Seattle shortly after the model was introduced. Loved it except for the unshielded noisy Westerbeke. Always wanted a pilothouse. After leaving boating for 15+ years we went back in with a Tolly 44 and 10 months later traded up to the 4788. Wish service/maintenance access was easier, but love this one as well. You are really ambitious with all the projects. Tempted to do flooring, but have to do walls. I will use a product that we are bringing in from Korea - self-adhesive architectural vinyl film (www.bodaq.com). When it warms up I'll start my wall projects and document with photos. I'm really looking forward to your continued photo and written updates!
              Patti & Gordon Lewandowski
              Sammamish WA
              1998 4788 (April 2018)
              ”Knot Home”

Comment

Originally posted by Knothome4788 View Post
                Wow! We had a 199? 3988 for five years. Bought it new from Olympic Boat Center in Seattle shortly after the model was introduced. Loved it except for the unshielded noisy Westerbeke. Always wanted a pilothouse. After leaving boating for 15+ years we went back in with a Tolly 44 and 10 months later traded up to the 4788. Wish service/maintenance access was easier, but love this one as well. You are really ambitious with all the projects. Tempted to do flooring, but have to do walls. I will use a product that we are bringing in from Korea - self-adhesive architectural vinyl film (www.bodaq.com). When it warms up I'll start my wall projects and document with photos. I'm really looking forward to your continued photo and written updates!
                that material looks similar to 3M Dinoc i used it to cover the bridge helm dash panel in carbon fiber and it came out great, easy to use a little heat helps.
                My wife picked a textured wallpaper without paste, we covered the large panel in the pics using the paste and the others we tried contact cement and honestly that was better to work with. Last year we took all the wall panels down in the cabin area and re upholstered them. so little by little we are doing everything over, next winter will be the two couches.

3988 Cummins

Comment

• Knothome4788
                  Knothome4788 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Spot on re DiNoc - but we’re better! ;-) ;-)

Here is a before pic of the staining in the cabin, we had it cleaned when I got the boat home just until the end of the season then replaced it all

another pic of what my wife did to the wall in the master head. Peel and stick mosaic tiles, we love how it came out.

pics of the teak to replace all the carpeting
                Attached Files
                3988 Cummins

Comment

Love it!

How did you finish off the hatch edges? Did you put a finish piece around edges or cut the floor edges far enough apart to pull the hatch out? I would be worried about damaging edges when pulling up or putting down a heavy hatch.

Thanks
                  1988 38'
                  Shear Bliss

Comment

here are some before and after of the wall panel results, was needed in a bad way. not overall that bad of a job. I didn't take too many pics of this, in the corner over the electrical panels is where i mounted the tv and while it was apart put an electrical outlet and cable from the KVH behind it to avoid seeing wires.

I have to say, we were nervous when looking at this boat, it had been sitting for 5 or so years as the owner passed away, luckily we could see pass all that needed to be done and love it now.
                    Coming from a 31 express its a huge upgrade, the galley is awesome here is a dinner we made once while traveling, Yes it's a prime rib and let me tell you that oven works great.. It must have been the best prime rib we ever had.

3988 Cummins

Comment

Started playing with the new wall panels with the paper my wife covered them with. Sorry for the glare.
                      will have more soon as we install them. I think it was a great choice and will really good. I didnt glue them yet so the seam is large right now.
                      Attached Files
                      3988 Cummins

Comment

Working...
                      X