Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interior Recommendations (TACOMA, WA Area)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior Recommendations (TACOMA, WA Area)

We have just purchased a 89’ 4588. Part of the deal with the “boss” was we completely update the interior and some exterior features. I’ve tackled the lighting, motors, and the refer on my own. We have met a few folks who’ve completed most of the projects and they have all been very helpful sharing invoices, suppliers etc... My issue is countertops, carpets and surprisingly someone to match the dark blus 5” or so pin stripe and paint the yellow ones. Does anyone have recommendations on who to use in the TACOMA area?
    Thank You!
    Chris
    Chris & Kari
    Nauti Angel
    1989 4588 Tacoma, WA

We did carpet last spring. I worked with an installer named Clint that came very highly recommended. For good reason, his work was incredible, quick and a super fair price. I highly recommend reaching out to him. He removed/disposed of the old, built new hatches for me, installed all new carpet. He removes the salon couch for a proper install.

For our 4788, here is what we needed:
    • 12' x 38' carpet to include PH (just under 51 yards)
    • Rubber slab pad, 7/16", 110-120oz density, need 40 yards
    Definitely use the rubber slap pad, it's worth the extra money. Feels great under foot and adds some additional noise dampening.

Clint - 253-606-3471.
    James
    2000 4788 | "Freedom"
    Gig Harbor, WA
    11' Novurania w/40hp Yamaha
    Cummins 330's and Westerbeke 8kw
    Hull Extension, Chines and Hardtop

Comment

We are starting counter top w guest head on our ‘90 4588. Had to replace holding tank which requires cutting existing molded-in vanity. Yard used a white flat plastic trim to cover cut seams but just doesn’t look finished. Selected corian and plan on cutting with use of templates. OEM molded sink will remain. Counter tops wil be joined to bull-nosed vertices peices to address the bi-level nature of the vanity top. Next project will be to re-do the galley replacing the existing teak counter surface. Last will be the master.

Comment

Isn't it strange with boats. If you are restoring a vintage car, you strive so hard to make it like it was many years ago.

When we bought our 1986 3870, the owner before us had change out a bunch of stuff. I spent 5 years getting it back to original.

Some of those parts were hard to find, but we did find them. The old Star War gauges were tough to locate but we did. My wife loves them when she is driving the boat. Green is good, yellow is caution and red is bad.

I love weathered teak and brass. I guess I'm just an old guy with a really cool old Mustang and an old Harley too.

Perhaps that's why my handle is JOHNNY VINTAGE.

PS- Don't even start to ask me about my vintage guitar, amps and effects pedals collection. Best investment this side of the Rockies!!

Comment

Working...
        X