Carpet Installers - Vancouver BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carpet Installers - Vancouver BC

The time has come when new carpet is needed on our 5788. As it happens, I think the degree of difficulty (for a professional installer) on the 5788 is minimized as there are no hatches in the salon, master stateroom, or bunk room. The hallway from the master to the forward stateroom consists of three hatches surrounded by a 3" carpet border, and carpet is used instead of baseboard in a couple of areas.

Ideally, I'd like someone to take on the whole job, but the labor time to remove the old carpet and move some cabinets is probably daunting, so I'm prepared to take this part of the job myself if need be.

Recently someone re-carpeted a Meridian 540 (5288) in our marina, and while the job looked great, they parted with over $12,000 to get that done, and the new carpet is cut around the cabinets rather than the cabinets or seats being moved for carpet to be laid underneath. That level of outlay is way beyond reasonable in my opinion.

Can anyone recommend a carpet installer in the lower mainland who has previous experience working on boats? Any comments would be appreciated.
    Rob
    Bayliner 5788
    'Merlin V'
    Vancouver BC

I found that the guy in the mirror was pretty reasonable in cost, but sometimes a bugger to work with.

In all seriousness I was unable to get any of the profgessional carpet installers I am aquanted with interested in the job, so I did it myself.

Truth be told I would rather work on the macerator pump than do carpet. It is that unplesant. It is rewarding though, in that you get to see pretty quick results.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA
    where are we right now​​​​​​???​

https://share.findmespot.com/shared/...j23OquWOj2N3Xe

Comment

Rob
      Our previous boat was a 42 GrandBanks .When we renewed the carpets
      we used Burritt Bros . In Vancouver .They came to our shelter at BYC and
      did a fine job. They have done lots of boats at RVYC as well.I believe they
      have photos of jobs .I wouldn't hesitate to use them when its time to do
      our 4788

Comment

http://www.edgemontfloors.com/
        1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

Rob,
          I went to a carpet suppler in SF Bay Area and hired one of their installers to do the job for $800. He did it in between other jobs. We were only doing the hall and two staterooms on our 47. I did most of the removal and it was a bitch getting the majority of the glue off. He did all of the install. He used the removed carpet as templates to rough in the new. It took the better part of two days working hard. It ended up working out to about $50 per hour. He worked hard. I gave him a $200 tip when finished. He was happy and so was I! Btw, he used two sided carpet tape and no glue. He only used staples where he had to on stair nosing, etc. Working great so far.
          2000 4788 w Cummins 370's, underhulls, swim step hull extension
          12' Rendova center console with 40HP Yamaha
          MV Kia Orana
          Currently Alameda CA

Comment

Rob, did you find a carpet installer in Vancouver? We need to change or 4788 carpets this winter.
            -Morgan
            1997 Bayliner 4788 "Mostly Harmless"
            Sold: 1990 Bayliner 3888

Comment

• MerlinV
              MerlinV commented
              Editing a comment
              The carpets haven't been replaced yet, but by the sound of it, Burritt Bros. seems the way to go. Thanks to all for suggestions or recommendations.

My boating buddy did his 52 Navigator and I think it was around $800,00. It looked great. He sold his REED POINT MARINA moored boat but I 'll contact him and find out who he used.

$12,000.00 bucks for carpet is just plain stupid. Some one with too much money got hosed!!!

JV

Comment

Rob / Cpt Morganh
              Give Burritt Bros a call .They do a great job.When we did our last boat (GB42) they had a portfolio of
              all they boats they had done at RVYC .They came down to our club and did the work in our shelter. We
              also had the tub re tiled at the same time but don't remember if they did that job as well. I thunk Joe
              (jas0381) recently had Burritt Bros do his 52 Bayliner when he came up from Channel Islands .Maybe he could
              chime in if he sees this

Comment

Joe here. Adam Dent is the guy at Burrett Bros. He is, or very much appears to be a very good guy. We reupholstered the pilot house and have temporarily placed the carpet on hold yet Adam came and measured everything on our boat. He has so many samples that it hurts.

Good luck!
                Joe
                2001 5288
                Lucky Liner ll

Comment

Delta Carpets in Ladner has done a few boats in our marina. Really nice people to work with too. I’d recommend them to anyone.
                  Geoff & Jen
                  Shocking Lesson
                  1986 3870
                  Hino 175's

Comment

Working...
                  X