38xx extra water tank under forward berth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

38xx extra water tank under forward berth

Those of you who have installed a extra water tank under the forward berth....any tips re routing fill line, vent line etc
    How many gallons did you add?
    Custom molded tank or stock?
    pics would be appreciated
    thank you
    Allan
    1986 - 3870
    175 Hinos
    Moored in Ladysmith BC

I've been looking at it too. More for ballast than anything, I'm looking at 500 pounds, but I've gotta do the main tank first. As I install the new tanks I'll "provision" for a forward water tank.
    P/C Pete
    Edmonds Yacht Club (Commodore 1993)
    1988 3818 "GLAUBEN”
    Hino EH700 175 Onan MDKD Genset
    1980 Encounter Sunbridge "Misty Blue" (Sold)
    MMSI 367770440
    1972 Chevrolet Nova Frame off Resto-mod in the garage
    Boating on the Salish Sea since 1948

Comment

Here is what I did
      1988 3818
      EH 700
      Custom hard top enclosed

Comment

You will have to cut support to fit tank in I stopped mine at the hatch as I have a batter under it along with tank above about 55 to 60 gallons I can alway add 2nd tank behind it if I chose
        1988 3818
        EH 700
        Custom hard top enclosed

Comment

RDH....nice clean installation
          looks like you replaced the single center girder with a double of less height.
          Where did you route the fill hose?
          i would probably extend the tank further aft for more tankage. I am thinking my main tank will not have many more years of life
          and I would just abandon it rather than ripping up the galley floor which I replaced a few years ago with hardwood.
          i love the berth lift....I will copy that!
          Allan
          1986 - 3870
          175 Hinos
          Moored in Ladysmith BC

Comment

Fill hose goes through the locker at head of bed than into anchor locker I used heavy wall fill hose so when the chain piles on it it will not crush it as for the vent I just dumped into the fwd bildge just pump it out after filling to the right of the pic I have a y valve that lets water to the tank or the bladder under the tank the problem with bladers is priming
            i can get you a pic of the filler port but it snowed on it today I think I was little off on my gallons on previous post got 60 gallons in tank and 25 gallons in bladder if you make a bigger take two things to think about is
            make Sure floor will support weight
            make sure the tank will turn the corner to slip in There is only a opening is only so big
            i put a 3 valve system under the galley floor to select which tank I pull from
            or just do it in two tanks
            I will in time pull my bladder out and use the space for a bow thruster that's why I did not block it
            Cheers Roy
            Ketchikan Alaska
            FYI the bed lift is great opens up all that storage
            1988 3818
            EH 700
            Custom hard top enclosed

Comment

Working...
            X