Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4788 Cockpit Door Barrel Latch

Hi All!

Happy New Year. Our cockpit door latch fell apart this fall. I searched the site and found reference to the name barrel latch, but nothing about the specific latch. Have any of you sourced the identical replacement part somewhere? Any leads would be much appreciated. I'd love to find the exact same latch. Images attached.

Thanks
    Jeff

Hi Jeff. Haven't chatted in a while. Not sure whether this one is the exact hole profile, but google marine barrel latch and see what you can find. This one came up under our local eBay, shipped out of China
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Boat-Bar....c100005.m1851

Have fun. Cheers
    John H
    Brisbane QLD Aust
    "Harbor-nating"

2000 - 4788/Cummins 370's

Comment

Bayliner used mostly Perko hardware. I would go through the Perko catalog. You will probably find a good p/n from that.

KEVIN SANDERS
      4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

Originally posted by ksanders View Post
        Bayliner used mostly Perko hardware. I would go through the Perko catalog. You will probably find a good p/n from that.
        If it's not in the catalog call Perko directly. They make a few OEM products that are not in the catalog. For example, the anchor rode hatch hinges on my boat are not in the catalog . The ones listed there were the same size but the hole pattern was different . l called Perko and the rep gave me the p/n for the OEM hinges they supplied to Bayliner.
        1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
        2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
        Anacortes, WA

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I called Perko. Not very helpful, but she did suggest that I pull the old one off and look for a part number on the backside. Next step... Thanks for getting me on the right track.

Comment

Well, Perko was no help at all. Pretty much, they didn't even want to try to help. They just said it was discontinued and there is no way they could look at it to help me figure out if they still had one available. I was in Seattle this week and stopped by Fisheries Supply and what do you know. It is a current part. They had it hanging on the shelf. PKO-0947DP1CHR. One tidbit I learned. Perko measurements include both sides of the latch - total length. I only needed the one side of the latch, so that was throwing me off from what was showing on the website. I love it when you find an exact match to an old part! Great way to start the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by MalNSF View Post
              Well, Perko was no help at all. Pretty much, they didn't even want to try to help. They just said it was discontinued and there is no way they could look at it to help me figure out if they still had one available. I was in Seattle this week and stopped by Fisheries Supply and what do you know. It is a current part. They had it hanging on the shelf. PKO-0947DP1CHR. One tidbit I learned. Perko measurements include both sides of the latch - total length. I only needed the one side of the latch, so that was throwing me off from what was showing on the website. I love it when you find an exact match to an old part! Great way to start the weekend.
              Wow... Perko's customer service has gone downhill from what it used to be just two years ago.

I'm glad that you found the correct latch.
              ​​
              1999 3788, Cummins 270 "Freedom"
              2013 Boston Whaler 130 SS
              Anacortes, WA

Comment

I replaced mine with a SS sliding barrel latch from ebay.
                Pat says: DO-IT-RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!

Bayliner 3870 "ALASKA33)
                Twin 350 GM power
                Located in Seward, AK
                Retired marine surveyor

Comment

Working...
                X