Happy Day-gctid349323

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Day-gctid349323

She goes back into the water today. 2 new coats and the bottom only had one blister and two small chunks out of it. We bought the the boat 3 years ago withought a haul and it had sat, not moved, for about 10 years so was a bit worried. Paint was still decent, only one small area withough the barrier coat.

Got a out of water survey at the same time (did in mater only when boat) so now i switched from Progressive insurace ($1600+ per year) to Boat US ($691 per year)

$2500 pull, paint, expoxy and $500 for survey. Had $4500 budgeted.

Life is good....

When the cost of anything related to boating comes in under budget, it's a very happy day indeed. Congrats!

Comment

redneck joe wrote:
      ... so now i switched from Progressive insurace ($1600+ per year) to Boat US ($691 per year) ... Life is good....
      Unless I've missed the boat (pun intended) Progressive's rates suck. I went to them looking for motorcycle insurance and they were insane. I won't even consider them for anything else. I crack up laughing everytime I see their commercials and how much they supposedly save people when compared to other carriers. I've been with State Farm since I was 16. Everytime I shop around thinking I'm paying them too much, no one else can touch them. YMMV ...

-Jorden

Comment

Flash Jorden wrote:
        Unless I've missed the boat (pun intended) Progressive's rates suck. I went to them looking for motorcycle insurance and they were insane. I won't even consider them for anything else. I crack up laughing everytime I see their commercials and how much they supposedly save people when compared to other carriers. I've been with State Farm since I was 16. Everytime I shop around thinking I'm paying them too much, no one else can touch them. YMMV ...

-Jorden
        +1
        Started boating 1965
        Bayliners owned: 26 Victoria, 28 Bounty, 32, 38, and 47 since 1996

Comment

The cost of insurance may not tell the whole story. Here's a good summary from one resident bayliner insurance guy

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/forum/showthread.php?65453-Vessel-insurance-101-(Very-simplified!!!)
          Pat
          Paragon
          1999 4788

Comment

Flash Jorden wrote:

-Jorden
            Somebody's got to pay for their TV ads. I switched to Safeco through AAA a couple years ago and saved several $100 on cars and house.

Comment

well, took out for a hort spin after pumping out and wow never realized could make that much of a difference. This is the first time i've been able to push over 4000 rpm. Ran great, on plane in about half the time and nice small wake.

Comment

Working...
              X