Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vinyl flooring project - suggestions for trim?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vinyl flooring project - suggestions for trim?

Hi all

I am in the planning stages to replace the interior carpet of the boat. Given I do quite a bit of fishing, I am finding that I am absolutely trashing the floor of the boat. One of our club members had purchased a bunch of vinyl Teak and Holly flooring and I've decided to use it as it matches our galley floor and should look great.

In the main salon area, the floor has a long curved section that follows the raised dinette. I know I am going to need some sort of quarter-round trim that can be shaped to follow the curve. I'm interested in products others may have used to hide the cut lines in a curved section? Some of the vinyl quarter round products I've seen are quite rigid -- I am sure I could mold it with a heat gun but maybe there is a better product out there?
    Terry
    1999 Bayliner 3388
    Twin Cummins 4BTA
    Fisherman, Cruiser, Boaticus-enthusiasticus-maximus
    Member Royal Victoria Yacht Club

At home I had the same challenge covering the little gap between the LVP flooring and our jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. I ended up with a product that looks like rubber cove base but much shorter. Where normal rubber cove base is 4” this was about half that and looked very nice.

KEVIN SANDERS
    4788 LISAS WAY - SEWARD ALASKA

Comment

The quarter round you're thinking about should work great and EASY - and yes it will mold to any curve with heat.
      1995 Bayliner 2452 Mercruiser 5.7L Alpha 1 Gen 2

Comment

Home Depot and Lowes sell a foam covered selection of trim. Put some in our 4588 hallway at the foot of each stair case. Redid the hall in vinyl planks of teak. turned out ok for a first time job.. The foam is very flexible and conformed easily to the curved floor.

Comment

Working...
        X