kashiyama impellers-gctid340976

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kashiyama impellers-gctid340976

i have heard that these impellers are more durable. does anyone know where to find. Hino pn. is 16131-1350. thank you.

tom hoover wrote:
    i have heard that these impellers are more durable. does anyone know where to find. Hino pn. is 16131-1350. thank you.
    One place would be North Harbor Diesel:

www.northharbordiesel.com

Comment

Hello Tom,

Welcome to the BOC.

You do not have any detail in your post or your bio but the P/N indicates you are servicing an EH700 Hino.

Roberts guide is a good one.

IMHO - If you replace impellers at least every other year any reasonable name replacement works fine except for 'Globe' - stay away from them.

Hope this helps
      Northport NY

Comment

When i bought the globe impellers ,i could not get a water flow. I had to change back to the jabsco units.

Comment

smitty477 wrote:
          Hello Tom,

Welcome to the BOC.

You do not have any detail in your post or your bio but the P/N indicates you are servicing an EH700 Hino.

Roberts guide is a good one.

IMHO - If you replace impellers at least every other year any reasonable name replacement works fine except for 'Globe' - stay away from them.

Hope this helps
          Smitty, I agree but there are exceptions. A friend bought some Jabsco impellers (we usually use Sierra) and they fragmented during the first season of use. Must have been a bad batch. He is having a hard time getting Jabsco to answer for the poor product.
          "Safe Boating is No Accident"
          Everett Sail and Power Squadron

Comment

"A friend bought some Jabsco impellers (we usually use Sierra) and they fragmented during the first season of use"

I am sure that could happen from the impeller alone just have never seen it inour experience

We have used Johnson, Sherwood, Kashiyama, and Jabsco with very good results over many years in our boats as well as many friends boats.

On the many Bayliner applications we have used Johnson with good results over the past 7 years - almost as robust as Kashiyama at less than 1/2 the price.

The globe is singularly alone in it's failure to sucessfully engineer a core or its impeller material which is suitable for use within the Bay parts numbers.

Without getting personal or accidentally missrepresenting facts please consider this.....

Most impeller failures you have described originate from improper installation, storage, use or abuse. I have seen impellers stored on top of heaters, wedged in tool boxes, run dry for minutes at a marina yard, and plugged with debri which will always 'grenade' an impeller regardless of the make.

And FWIW - when my friends insist they have a bad part but they have never abused it I usually hand them a beer and then laugh. Perhaps yours are more reliable sources of information but I can asure you that mine are not despite my constant request for attention to detail.

Hope this helps
            Northport NY

Comment

thank you all for your experience and input. we have an 89 3888 w/175 hinos -eh700 and are trying to maintain and upgrade all these things properly. we're always looking for better ways to do things. these impellers are difficult due to having to remove the pumps, because the engine mounts are close to the imp covers. someone suggested making a riser plate to elevate the pump above the mount to expose the cover plate and be able to remove the impellers. challenges could be length of bolts, movement of pump, and belt tension adjustment. what do you think? thank you.

Comment

FWIW - on the 38 I used to just back off the tension bolt a known number of full turns (like 20).

Then pop off the short mounting bolts from underneath the pump and take the whole thing home to work on.

Gave me a chance to better see the pump, sheeve mounting bolt, cam, seals, housing, and grease issues on the pumps.

Also gave a good opportunity to inspect the belts and R & R the impeller.

Just one opinion,

Hope this helps
                Northport NY

Comment

Why not cut a small section of the motor mount, as my p.o. did, providing access to the impellers.

Allen

Comment

I second the NO Globe impellers. I had brand new out of the box impellors fail. However, here is another plug for flow alarms, I knew immediately that there was a problem which did not immediately occur, but about 1 hour into our trip.
                    Bill
                    1993 3888 with Hino 210s
                    2005 Selene 55

Comment

Working...
                    X