Tank Watch Monitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank Watch Monitor

Is there a plug and play gauge to improve the red light holding tank indicator?
    1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

I was just wondering the same thing yesterday. Definitely buy one if available. I hate it when all of a sudden the red light comes on and you can't empty for a day or two.
    P/C Bob Hicks JN
    Dock Holiday, 1992 Bayliner 3888 Double Cabin Flybridge Cruiser
    Twin Hino W04TI 210 HP Diesels with Hurth HSW630A 2.0:1 Trannys
    Westerbeke 8.0 BTD-614 8KW Genset
    Avon 9 ft 6 in Tender with a Tohatsu M8B 8HP outboard
    Currently moored at Stones in Nanamio, B.C.

Comment

I use a Maretron tank level monitor. It plugs directly into the NMEA2000 backbone of the boat. I can see the tank level on any of the 3 Maretron displays on the boat.

https://www.maretron.com/products/tlm100.php

Evan
      2001 Bayliner 4788 "Fifty / Fifty II"
      League City, TX

Comment

• Gsherwood
        Gsherwood commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you have to use a Maretron display to setup and calibrate the sensor? The manual references their displays.

Hey Uncle, great minds think about poo. I just called marine sanitation in Seattle last week to enquire about a tank level gauge. There is one but it also requires a fitting on the tank. You snap off a tube to the correct depth, then install. It’s on my winter project list. Marine Sanitation has always been my go to source for head cases....like me.. 206 633 1110
      "Impasse". 2001 3988
      Cummins 330's
      Puget Sound

"You don't want to be the richest guy in the nursing home..."

Comment

Did they give any guess about how much the retrofit costs?

thanks,
        BJ
        BJ
        OMEGA

Comment

How do you access the top of the holding tank in a 4788? Seems unreachable?
          Patti & Gordon Lewandowski
          Sammamish WA
          1998 4788 (April 2018)
          ”Knot Home”

Comment

In my 4588, access to the top of the holding tank is thru the bottom of the "liquor cabinet" to the left of the ice maker. Pretty sure the 4788 has the tank in the same place. I need a similar device.. My red light doesn't do anything when full.. We found out the hard way.. lol. Every weekend, there's two pump out boats near by and will pump you out for free. So I have been getting a pump out every weekend to be sure. Definitely want a much better level indicator. I've seen several sonic level sensors. There's other more basic stuff from RV suppliers. Four or 5 small pads get put on the side of your tank and they feed to a small control board that triggers LED lights accordingly.

Comment

Here is the one I have on my 3988.
              Guntar
              1999 3988
              Cummins 270s

Comment

I replaced my freshwater tank and waste tank and was trying to figure out a tank level monitor. I found the Tank Edge Monitor which can monitor multiple tanks. It uses copper strips that stick to the outside of the tank. It is also able to monitor propane levels but I have not looked into setting that up. Now I can monitor my freshwater and black tank with 1 monitor.
                James
                Kai Nani, Redondo Beach
                1989 MY 3288
                Hino 135hp with Hurth 630A Trannies

Comment

+1 on Tech Edge multiple tank monitor. It requires plastic tanks but installation is very easy. I use it to monitor all 3, black, gray and water, tanks. No problems whatsoever.
                  Retired, computer expert / executive
                  Bayliner 285 Cruiser / Mercruiser QSD 4.2L 320 HP Diesel
                  Live in the Bay Area, CA, USA, boat in Turkey
                  D-Marin @ Turgutreis in Bodrum/Turkey
                  bdervisoglu8@gmail.com
                  bulent@pacbell.net

Comment

I looked into this once when the sensor on red light indicator stopped working. As I recall, the sytem I looked at required an extra wire to the indicator gauge and I didn't feel like fishing one through. I ended up just buying new sensors for my existing system. If they are working properly, one should still have a few flushes after the red light comes on before the tank is full. My boat also has two holding tanks, one for each head, so we just use the other head until we can get to a pump out.
                    1998 3587 Bayliner, Port Orchard, WA

Comment

If Tank Watch 4 showing in post 8 is simply a swap out, that's not a bad option.

Comment

Wema makes a very good quality ssender. I use ther stuff in my water and fuel tanks.

You could do a gauge, just like the water gauge on your 4788

http://www.wemausa.com/sensors/level...l#.W28SdxqIahA

KEVIN SANDERS
                        4788 LISAS WAY
                        SEWARD, ALASKA

Comment

have the tank watch 4 for the last 5 years, rock solid.
                          Mark
                          USCG OUPV
                          1990 4588
                          Carlsbad, CA

Comment

Mark, did you have to change the sender for the tank watch 4? Google photos show a sender with multi prongs which might mean the TW 4 isn't a plug and play change on the panel.

Comment

• Destiny_4588
                              Destiny_4588 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              YES, but honestly is was plug and play on our tank, unscrewed one and screwed in the new one.
                          Working...
                          X