How to change the moscito nets on the portholes?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mag535
    Seasoned Member
    • Jun 2018

How to change the moscito nets on the portholes?

What is the easiest way to change moscitonets on the hull side portholes? Do I need to dissmantle the whole frame etc or is there an easier way? I have a 34 Trophy with the oval window and ss frame.
  • brad4550
    Supporting Member
    • Mar 2007

Hi Mag
    Can the screens and its frame be removed without disturbing the port light??.....You should be able to buy screen material from your local hardware store,and "spline" to hold screen material in frame grove,and a tool that looks like a very small pizza cutter with a grove cut into it,you use it to force the spline/screen into grove of the screen frame.
    hope this helps"....Brad
    Brad & Sharon
    Lady Jake
    1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
    Anacortes/La Conner, Wa.

Comment

• Mag535
      Mag535 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi. Do you mean from the out - or inside of the boat?
  • brad4550
    Supporting Member
    • Mar 2007

Mag I think the screens should be separate as in one unit,maybe snap in or held in place with screws??...I would recommend putting some tape across port light on the out side...please don't ask me why....screens should be removed from the inside.
    Brad & Sharon
    Lady Jake
    1985 4550 EH 700TI /Twin Disc 502
    Anacortes/La Conner, Wa.

Comment

• Uncle_Bob
      Guru
      • Mar 2007

You might have to drill out the rivets before removing the rubber spline. No need to replace the rivets as the rubber holds all together.
      1989 26' then 1994 32' now 2001 39'

Comment

• Solandri
        Seasoned Member
        • Jul 2016

I posted a link to YouTube the other day demonstrating how to remove the spline, replace the screen, and reinsert the spline. I haven't looked at my porthole screens to see if they use the same spline system. But I would be surprised if it's not because it's such a dirt simple solution which works.

Make sure you get fiberglass replacement screen mesh. Metal mesh will quickly corrode from getting wet.
        1994 2556, 350 MAG MPI Horizon, Bravo 2

Comment

• Mag535
          Mag535 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good video an informative. In this particular case I meant the oval ones on the hull side that open invards and got a moscito net behind a rubber seal.
      Working...