Replacing Vinyl on underside of radar arch-gctid407156

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Vinyl on underside of radar arch-gctid407156

The vinyl is shot and the wood for the liner is sawdust. Want to redo the complete sides and underside and add LED's on the Arch. Can anyone chime in that has done this and give me a heads up on the job? Thanx!

I cutout 2 pieces of lexan,worked great.

Comment

I redid mine as original. Cut new plywood and then reupholstered it. Next time I may do the white marine board....lasts forever. Kept the original recessed 12 volt lights in the sides.

Frank
      "Safe Boating is No Accident"
      Everett Sail and Power Squadron

Comment

I replaced mine with white plastic 3/8"X4'X8' sheet (took most of the sheet). Basically used the old panels as patterns. That method did require a lot of trimming. On my 38'MY I cut out the original shape for the original lights. I wish I had used LEDS one small hole for the wire and as many as you want. If you use plastic please post how you did it with pictures. My joints where the sides meet the top and the panels meet the arch leave something to be desired.

Richard

Comment

Replaced mine last year used marine ply, foam padding, vinyl and a good staple gun ....... check out my thread for photos ect

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...ar-Arch-hinged

Steve

Comment

Im using starboard as do many others. No more wood to rot. No vinyl to replace.

Do a search there.are many discussions about this topic
            1989 Avanti 3450 Sunbridge
            twin 454's
            MV Mar-Y-Sol
            1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hardtop ocean express.
            Twin chevy 350's inboard
            Ben- Jamin
            spokane Washington

Comment

Thanx guys for the input. I like the look of the padded vinyl and will probably use marine grade ply for the forms. I am now an upholsterer! will post the final product.

Comment

Here is a link to my arch rebuild project. I just posted it.

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/fo...8-arch-rebuild

Good luck with your rebuild------post pictures when it's done.

Comment

Working...
                X