Wet floor in galley of 3288?-gctid407139

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet floor in galley of 3288?-gctid407139

The floor In my galley and the carpet in front of the head is quite wet. to soak it through itust have standing water but I have no way to gain access to find out where it's coming from. Would really appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance

Did the freezer defrost? Was the boat washed? Was the boat run?
    James
    Kai Nani, Redondo Beach, CA
    1989 MY 3288
    Hino 150hp with Hurth 630A Trannies

Comment

Do you have a "Red Dot" type hot water heater under the steps? I had to replace the core in mine last year. Also, check for a leaky shower drain or, the shower curtain allowing water to run under the door. Look under the step to check the shower drain and heater.
      Rick
      2002, 3788

Comment

I had this happen once when in ruff seas ... Tasted the water on the floor for salt and thank goodness ... it was not salty ... Turns out it came from the Fridge :hypnotysed:

Comment

I'd be closely looking at the head and galley plumbing... toilet, sinks, supply and drain. Also check to see the bilge pump in the master stateroom is working.

Ken

Pugetsoundog (woof)

Comment

ours keep getting wet spots/areas too.. turned out the connections under the sink were leaking and one was hanging but the PO bad plumbers tape... check simple, then go from there... check the connections to the head since you mentioned that near the wet area

Comment

Check the seal where your raw water hose for your head comes up through the floor - bet it's in need of repair....

Comment

JustWonder wrote:
                I had this happen once when in ruff seas ... Tasted the water on the floor for salt and thank goodness ... it was not salty ... Turns out it came from the Fridge :hypnotysed:
                Glad the water wasn't from your holding tank!!ops

I like the comments about checking the simple stuff first. If my freezer defrosts, it will leak onto the floor in that same area. I got all flustered about "why is there water in the cabin" once. I then figured out it was my fridge/freezer that was the culprit.

Comment

This happened to me, and it was salt water. The previous owner had cut a hole in the chain locker floor and run a 4" pvc pipe from the deck down through the hole to move the chain locker to the cupboard under the v-berth to allow for the 300' of chain he installed.

works great to accomodate the chain, but the first time we hit rough water crossing the straight, water would go in the chain locker drain, and down the cracks around the pipe that was installed, filling the storage area untill it came out the door bottom.

needless to say, the problem is fixed now.

not sure its the same problem, but thought i would pass along.

Comment

Are you using the shower? Under the step my boat has the heater, and also a sump looking dealio where the drain for the shower runs. If the drain is messed up, you might be collecting water there until it overflows onto your floor.

Comment

Check to see if the a/c drain is stopped up. My friends boat was getting wet carpet and it turned out that the drain was stopped up and the water was spilling over the side of the pan wetting his carpet. The a/c can condense a lot of water especially if its really humid.

Comment

Does your fresh water pump cycle on and off when you are not using the water? If so you probably have a leak in your water system.
                        1989 Avanti 3450 Sunbridge
                        twin 454's
                        MV Mar-Y-Sol
                        1979 Bayliner Conquest 3150 hardtop ocean express.
                        Twin chevy 350's inboard
                        Ben- Jamin
                        spokane Washington

Comment

I had a similar problem in my 1983-built 3270. See the link below for what I found. Thanks.

https://sites.google.com/site/lhboat...me/shower-leak
                          100T MMC 2307794

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. This has happened twice now and I have looked at the obvious things suggested and can't seem to see anything. I am cutting in an access hatch soon under the helm and maybe I can get a closer look. As soon as I get this one figured out I'm wondering what the next elusive thing might be. It's a good thing that after 8 years I still think of it as the best investment I've ever made because it's sometimes enough to drive any normal person insane. haha. Thanks for all your replies, everyone is always so incredibly helpful.

Comment

Working...
                            X